Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

I confess that in the past when I was more heavily involved with the Don I was, on occasion, something of a critic of the ADAA. As a club it seemed fixed on acquiring as much fishing as it could (particularly on the Don) for its members out into Aberdeenshire whilst excluding the vast majority of folk living outside of Aberdeen. Clearly over the last decade, and particularly over the last five years, there has been something of a welcome spell of enlightenment within the committee and I'd say that today - on the face of it - the ADAA is very much taking the initiative and looking forward rather than backwards. This most recent change of membership conditions is an excellent thing to be seeing as was the opening up of the majority of their trout beats for Sunday fishing. Well done ADAA  :z16

Now to answer this:

....is the adaa Ythan beat any good.

Yes.

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

I confess that in the past when I was more heavily involved with the Don I was, on occasion, something of a critic of the ADAA. As a club it seemed fixed on acquiring as much fishing as it could (particularly on the Don) for its members out into Aberdeenshire whilst excluding the vast majority of folk living outside of Aberdeen. Clearly over the last decade, and particularly over the last five years, there has been something of a welcome spell of enlightenment within the committee and I'd say that today - on the face of it - the ADAA is very much taking the initiative and looking forward rather than backwards. This most recent change of membership conditions is an excellent thing to be seeing as was the opening up of the majority of their trout beats for Sunday fishing. Well done ADAA  :z16

I would agree with that Hamish :z16

Cheers
Mike

Andy Finlay

Well that's me a bit pissed off, joined last year for first time and paid the full joining fee in one go and now they drop it to £100 ffs  :mad

Mike Barrio

Well that's me a bit pissed off, joined last year for first time and paid the full joining fee in one go and now they drop it to £100 ffs  :mad

That happens to me in just about everything in my life ...... the day after you buy a car, you see the same model in better condition and cheaper somewhere else :shock

Hamish Young

That happens to me in just about everything in my life ...... the day after you buy a car, you see the same model in better condition and cheaper somewhere else :shock

Yup, I thought that shit just happened to me.... thankfully I'm not alone  ;D

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com