Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

I see the ADAA have recently opened up membership to anyone, not just residents of Aberdeen ..... and reduced their joining fee to £100.

So if you'd like to join now for Season 2015 and enjoy extensive river fishing for salmon and brownies ..... see http://aberdeenangling.wix.com/adaa-2014

Colin Sunley

It's still a £300 pound hit of anyone's wallet,
See there's my dilemma for next season, What to get, 
Lochter , £10 C&R 52 Weeks approx. £520 ( catch a few fish go home happy)
Local Ticket , £132 Season + 15% 2015,  ( not much fish, go home sore feet)
Roaming Ticket, £232 Season, + 15% 2015,  ( more Chance of not much Fish,  Go home broken)

Almost £400 saved not going to Lochter,  Ebay  by more gear, Wifeee not happy,  Idea get's binned

Day trip to Park for Salmon £ 300 +  Wiffee  sharpen's Knives,   Take up new hobby

The Road to eternal damnation is always a curved one but leads to the same place.

Mike Barrio

Difficult one Colin :z4

I go with a season ticket for one local beat, which allows me to get on the water whenever I want at short notice ..... and I supplement this with day tickets :cool:

...... Once you've got the ADAA £100 joining fee out of the way in the first year, then £200 per season is pretty good value if you consider how much water will be available to you :wink

Cheers
Mike

Marc Fauvet

woW... that's all so horribly expensive.  :X1
85€ gets me a ticket for fishing almost the whole entire southern half of France for the year in just about any waters. migratory fish stamp adds a bit more to the price but still...

Colin Sunley

Re:
« Reply #4 on: 18/11/2014 at 17:52 »
Now that's what it should be, we're so over priced it's ridiculous, if the introduce the rod licence that will be another £75 pounds before you even consider a season ticket. It's all wrong, in all fairness I think I will end up doing the roaming ticket and day tickets here and there.

Hamish Young

When you consider what is out there in terms of what the ADAA offers to its members (in terms of fishing), £200 is bloody good value IMHO.
It's a big initial hit for sure, but for an entire years fishing? Less than a quid a day seems more than OK to me.

H

Rob Brownfield

This one confused me when I read it on Facebook last night.

Should the members not have been consulted regarding such a major change to the clubs constitution?

Hamish Young

Is it not the responsibility of an elected committee to act on behalf of the membership and in the best interests of the club :?

Sandy Nelson

It's still a £300 pound hit of anyone's wallet,

In year 1, then £200 a year after that, so its now better value than ever. :z16

Given that many of us spend more than that on a rod or reel then it really is a great deal, I for one regard the ADAA ticket as a bargain and it is my 'roving' ticket, I almost always find quiet places to fish with some cracking fish to chase. Especially if you are only a drive away. There is a lot of fishing available locally that is hugely overpriced for what you get, but the ADAA ticket is not one of them. Treat it as your roaming ticket and it is much better value with far more river to explore and the options of other rivers and 2 stillwaters (which you don't have to pay for again :wink)
Anyone who roves the Don for Brownies regularly should seriously consider it. :z18

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Is it not the responsibility of an elected committee to act on behalf of the membership and in the best interests of the club :?

Agreed, but the removing of the 25 mile limit is a constitutional change is it not? That's the bit I am confused about. I thought that had to go in front of the members?

Matt Henderson

Agreed, but the removing of the 25 mile limit is a constitutional change is it not? That's the bit I am confused about. I thought that had to go in front of the members?

I suspect that before this change/these changes have been made there is an issue with member number and also costs.  The alternative of removing fishing is something I would support less than removing the 25mile limit. 

Rob Brownfield

I suspect that before this change/these changes have been made there is an issue with member number and also costs.  The alternative of removing fishing is something I would support less than removing the 25mile limit. 

Totally understand that and support that.

Iain Cameron

I see the ADAA have recently opened up membership to anyone, not just residents of Aberdeen ..... and reduced their joining fee to £100.

So if you'd like to join now for Season 2015 and enjoy extensive river fishing for salmon and brownies ..... see http://aberdeenangling.wix.com/adaa-2014

Hi Mike - thanks for posting this. Here's also a link to the beat maps showing the extent of the fishings. On the Don, we are lucky to have so many stretches available to us:
http://aberdeenangling.wix.com/adaa-2014#!beats/c20nd

cheers
iain

Marc Fauvet

nice job on the maps !  :z16

Looks like great value to me, is the adaa Ythan beat any good.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com