Mike Barrio

Why do you fish?
« on: 20/08/2014 at 22:27 »
by IGFA.

Simon

Re: Why do you fish?
« Reply #1 on: 21/08/2014 at 09:00 »
Great video!

Every time I arrive home cold, wet and fishless I ask my self why I fish. Perhaps golf would be more productive? I guess the answer is there is an unpredictable uncertainty about it. Sometimes it's just great! It always provides an escape for me from the drudgery of working life. I love it!

Mark Zhang

« Reply #2 on: 22/08/2014 at 10:58 »
I started as a coarse fishing boy before I went to school. heat my mum's sewing needle on the candle, bended it by a plier. The line was my mum’s sewing thread. Rod was a tree branch. Spiders, garden worm, and even grass. Believe it or not, I caught quite a lot of fish on it, but no one is bigger than 6”. Happy memory. :z18 I started sea fishing when I moved to a coast city. That was a good adventure and I still do sea fishing now. I started my salmon fishing in 2012, and hooked immediately.  Why? First of all, it’s very difficult to catch a salmon. There is so much to do if you want to increase your catch rate. Reading river, chose your equipment, what method and most important thing - you have to believe there is a fish there which is waiting for you (this is the most difficult part for me sometime).  Secondly, what a fight salmon can give it to you. When you try everything you can, start to believe there is not fish there, and just before you give up, – bang, and then happy moment for a while or a whole life. :z4 That moment is what I’m looking for. All the hard work is proofed and paid off. Happy ending. Twice last year, once this year. Haha.

Simon

« Reply #3 on: 22/08/2014 at 11:24 »
Yes, coarse fishing was how I started the first fish I ever caught was a roach. I moved on to fly fishing on small fisheries and rezies. Is there any coarse fishing in these parts?

Colin Sunley

Re:
« Reply #4 on: 22/08/2014 at 15:01 »
I started off sea fishing off of Stonehaven, I use to go with my uncle who was partially blind, I remember him squealing one time that he had hooked his finger, I turned round and saw a big ragworm nibbling his finger, made my day's fishing, now am chasing trout and salmon and love being on the river can't think of a better place to be to be honest

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #5 on: 23/08/2014 at 10:29 »
i have no idea why i fish but all i know is i can't stop doing it...  :z4

Simon

« Reply #6 on: 23/08/2014 at 11:19 »
Me too! I just wish I got the chance to get out more often  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 25/08/2014 at 08:04 »
Yes, coarse fishing was how I started the first fish I ever caught was a roach. I moved on to fly fishing on small fisheries and rezies. Is there any coarse fishing in these parts?
Yes Aboyne Loch is a "wild" coarse fishery and Glen of Rothes has a commercial pool with some good catches comming off just now.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 25/08/2014 at 08:10 »
I started fishing in East London at the age of 9 because my best mate took me. My first fish was a Roach..as were perhaps the next several thousand over a couple of years. I then hooked a Tench, probably about 3 pounds, but that was it..I was "hooked on Tench"...until I hooked a carp!

The reason I loved fishing was because I got out into the country, away from the city. Even fishing in the heart of rhw East End I still got to watch ducks, voles, Herons, and even an Adder or two. It was a release.

I started fly fishing at 13 on a stocked trout water which is now a very well known carp water. A Sweeny Todd on a fast sink line accounted for 8 plump rainbows on my first ever trip.

I now fish for anything and everything, and even on a winters night on Bervie Beach, I still enjoy the sense of being away from it all.

Simon

« Reply #9 on: 25/08/2014 at 08:52 »
Thanks for the coarse fishing information Rob :)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 25/08/2014 at 11:09 »
Thanks for the coarse fishing information Rob :)

PM'd you some more info.

Euan Innes

« Reply #11 on: 25/08/2014 at 12:42 »
I'll watch your video and raise you this one.
I may have posted it before but this essentially is why I go trout fishing.

Enjoy!
 :z1

Simon

« Reply #12 on: 25/08/2014 at 16:41 »
PM'd you some more info.

Thanks you very much Rob that is terrific.  :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 26/08/2014 at 11:27 »
One of the great things about fly fishing ..... is the characters and friends that you meet along the way!

Not sure what Alastair had said , but they were certainly having a good laugh!  :cool:

Mike Thornton

« Reply #14 on: 26/08/2014 at 13:59 »
Perhaps they are laughing because A.D.A. report that they have caught 32 salmon in the Loch of Loirston. Thats nae bad ata'.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com