Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

David Davies

water conditions
« on: 01/07/2014 at 19:11 »
good evening gents
I wonder if I could pick your brains , I have just joined a lovely 2 lake set up down here in north yorks, (larners lakes)
well stocked with rainbows , browns , and blues, although it was , till we were hit with poachers , but thats another matter, its been fishing really well except for the last two months, fish seem to be lethargic and slow, we have had some excellent weather the last two months . there is a lot of speculation as why fish seem to be scarce and the consensus seems to be that the water is too warm , I wonder what are the thoughts of anglers around , what was haddo like mike? when the water became warm, there is a flow of water through the lakes, but would aeration be of benefit, many thanks for any thoughts guys
dave 

Mike Barrio

Re: water conditions
« Reply #1 on: 01/07/2014 at 21:04 »
Hi Dave,

Great to hear from you :z16

It's pretty much impossible to offer any useful advice without visiting the site and having a good look around.

Is there something upsetting the health of the fish, or are the anglers not catching them? You say that "fish seem to be scarce" Dave ...... this suggests to me that they are healthy and are probably taking advantage of the natural food that is usually abundant in lakes at this time of year. The fish will be very visible if there is something wrong.

Best wishes
Mike

PS: I've sent you a PM :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com