Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Kiss the water
« on: 03/06/2014 at 10:07 »
Kiss the Water is being shown at Finzean Hall as part of this year's River Festival. In a small cottage on the northern coast of Scotland, Megan Boyd twirled tiny bits of feather and fur, silver and gold into fishing flies that were at once works of art, magical - and absolutely lethal. Wherever men and women cast their lines for the mighty Atlantic salmon, her name is whispered in mythic reverence, and stories about her surface and swirl like fairy tales.Eric Steel spins Megan Boyd's seemingly simple life into a fairy-tale. Show begins 6pm Sunday 15th June, tickets from melshand.artist@gmail.com £10 (£7) canapés included.

Hamish Young

Re: Kiss the water
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/2014 at 10:52 »
Seen the film, thought it was pretentious shit. Although there is some good stuff in there it is drowned by the production.
A great, great shame. 3/10 from me.

H :cool:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 03/06/2014 at 11:08 »
Seen the film, thought it was pretentious shit. Although there is some good stuff in there it is drowned by the production.
A great, great shame. 3/10 from me.

H :cool:

Couldn't agree more, i found the production quite nauseating, far too 'Arty' for me

Sandy

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 03/06/2014 at 14:47 »
It could have been really good, too artified for my liking.  Would have been much better had Colin have just told the story from start to finish.

Cheers

Ben

Magnus Angus

« Reply #4 on: 03/06/2014 at 17:38 »
"Would have been much better had Colin have just told the story from start to finish."

100% agree

Peter McCallum

« Reply #5 on: 03/06/2014 at 18:25 »
Considering the guy who directed it did Angela's Ashes I thought it would be far more documentary and far less 'artistic'. Hey ho there were some nice bits  :z6

Magnus Angus

« Reply #6 on: 03/06/2014 at 19:03 »
Eric Steel directed Kiss the Water
Alan Parker directed Angela's Ashes.
Steel was an executive producer on Angela's Ashes.

Steel has directed 2 documentaries - the first was about suicides jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge - Kiss the Water was the second.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com