Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Further Orvis discounts online
« on: 28/04/2014 at 14:17 »
Orvis are doing an extra 20% reductions plus free postage until the 4th of May.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product_search_tnail.aspx?dir_id=563&group_id=10923

The 20% is taken off at checkout.

Just paid £30 for the Safe Passage Waist pack instead of £85.

Some Helios, some Battenkill and various other items still available.

Iain Cameron

Re: Further Orvis discounts online
« Reply #1 on: 29/04/2014 at 21:49 »
Just paid £30 for the Safe Passage Waist pack

Hi Rob,
I've been using one this season when out for long days. Been good; keeps the weight off of the shoulders. Does get damp when wading. Or when kneeling in the water to unhook fish (so you'll not have any problem there...).

I cut away the neck strap things; would have been horrible to wear with the thin strap. But otherwise a decent bit of kit. Makes a nice riverbank pillow too for a late afternoon snooze. :-)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 30/04/2014 at 07:35 »
Hi Rob,
I've been using one this season when out for long days.

I got it for chucking a couple of boxes of salmon or pike flies in when travelling light. The pack/rucksack thing I normally wear encourages taking too much rubbish with me.

Trouble is, I have also bought a lovely goretex wading jacket from a certain scandi company and it takes a couple of boxes just perfectly as well.

As for kneeling down unhooking fish, I will have you know that my run of blanks is about to end in a spectacular style! I predict a double figure brown or a 30+ salmon!! lol

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 02/05/2014 at 08:32 »
I cut away the neck strap things; would have been horrible to wear with the thin strap.

Mine arrived last night...you do know that if you look behind the thick padding, there are two clips to remove the strap?

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #4 on: 02/05/2014 at 10:06 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 02/05/2014 at 16:54 »
Mine arrived last night...you do know that if you look behind the thick padding, there are two clips to remove the strap?

No? Really? :-)

It was those clips that I clipped out. My post was vague, I didn't cut the straps. In fact, I have two sets of the straps, for some reason. And neither is required.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 05/05/2014 at 07:35 »
No? Really? :-)

It was those clips that I clipped out. My post was vague, I didn't cut the straps. In fact, I have two sets of the straps, for some reason. And neither is required.

You did say straps :)

I thought one was to turn it into a chest pack, the other into a shoulder/man bag?

Still to use mine, but it swallows my boxes no problem. Maybe a tad on the big size for what I wanted it for, so may be used for spinning gear when on the rocks.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com