Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

While out in my fishing yesterday i got my new Simms jacket sleeve covered in what looks like bearing grease / oil from the outboard motor! :mad::mad:
Any tips on how to get it off without damaging the jacket would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sandy Nelson

Baz

Washing up liquid should do the job, rub it in, work it through the grease and then rinse it off thoroughly, should be fine.

You should be able to wash the jacket inside out in the washing machine to restore the Waterproof features, when it begins to fail, so a little bit of Washing up liquid won't hurt it :z16

Sandy

Noel Kelly

I heard it was your mascara...

Rob Brownfield

Baz

Washing up liquid should do the job,

I would not recommend that as many standard detergents damage the membrane and may cause delamination.

Best stuff to use is made by NikWax and is called TX Tech Wash. You can apply it direct to the area before washing on a normal wash. You then need to reproof with TX Direct Wash In.

Another company is Grangers. They do various technical wash systems for goretex. Use there Performance Cleaner to remove the oil and Performance Proofer to restore the beading.

Barry Robertson

I heard it was your mascara...

Wish it was my mascara  :mad :mad :mad
Horrendous fishing conditions and to top it off my new jacket gets manked up! At least i didnt bomb out my heat tho  :wink

Andy Finlay

Just stick in in the laundry offshore pretty sure that will work  :z4 won't fit you afterwards but a good boil wash should get it clean.

Dutchfly

The after sales at Simms are pretty darn good, so I wouldn't do anything myself. Send them an e-mail at repairs@simmsfishing.com to find out what Simms can do for you.

Jeroen

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com