Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Stuart Smith

holiday fishing help
« on: 13/04/2014 at 16:29 »
Hi all

My 30th is in June this year and im wanting to get away with the girlfriend for a few days and get a days fishing somewhere

I was thinking about black bass or carp in the south of France or trout in Portugal

Has anyone been over there before or anywhere else that was good?

Thanks

Stuart

Dorlo

Re: holiday fishing help
« Reply #1 on: 13/04/2014 at 17:17 »
I had a week in Slovenia last year and it was epic. Lots of beautiful scenery, good weather and non-fishing activities if required too.

Magnus Angus

« Reply #2 on: 13/04/2014 at 18:13 »

Hi Stuart

Carp on the fly in the Camargue would be my choice! The place is epic, and the area is wonderful,  stunning old towns, superb food. I fished for carp on the fly there - some of the best fishing I've had anywhere!

You need local help to get to the carp fishing, the guide we used fishes for them like you stalk bonefish. There are other types of fishing in that general area - we sampled river trout fishing which doesn't really compare to ours and barbel which are meant to come to fly but didn't.

Magnus

PS - does 'The Girlfriend' get a say in where you go? or the type of holiday?

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 13/04/2014 at 19:38 »
Stu, if the the season is right for it then Striped Bass & Blue Fish in NE USA would be my choice.  Of all the fishing I have ever done, that is what I would most like to do again.  I reckon it would be just your thing although it is far from cheap for a day.

Cheers

Ben

Stuart Smith

« Reply #4 on: 14/04/2014 at 19:26 »
Thats what I was thinking Magnus she does get a say but i have to look up the fishing first

Ben I would love to head to the states but not for a few days.im wanting to do a couple of days away the get a week up north when you lot are up there.and yes im trying for the hole week this year

stuart

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 18/04/2014 at 08:08 »
Sweden! Get hold of Simon Graham who is based in Stockholm and have a couple of days out on the Baltic for Pike and Sea Trout. Best thing about it, no Frenchmen! ;)

Funny enough i was talking to a Swede who was sharing Sluie with me and he pulled out a camera with a heap of photos of big Baltic Pike. Some awesome fish!

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 18/04/2014 at 13:21 »
Simon's been in South Africa for the last two years.
he used to have a pike fishing lodge on Replot island in Finland...

Vive la France !  :X5

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 18/04/2014 at 13:30 »
Vive la France! :z16

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #8 on: 18/04/2014 at 17:04 »
 :z4

Noel Kelly

« Reply #9 on: 18/04/2014 at 17:13 »

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com