Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Support your Scottish Commonwealth ladies
« on: 26/02/2014 at 10:05 »
OK simple enough Heather Cary, noted animal portrait painter, cartoon/humerous card creator and occasional fly fishing instructor, has been selected as part of the Scottish Ladies team competing in the Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championship competition being held in England ( Devon and Somerset) later this year.

Actually.... at this rate.... bearing in mind the competition is being hosted in Devon and Somerset I wonder (if the waters have not subsided) if they will go 'flats' (levels just doesn't work for me in this context :z7) fishing in Somerset for Carp :? :z4 Oh dear...... that tickles my sense of humour. I digress.

Back to the serious matter to hand. If you've not heard of the event (who has :? :!) have a look here http://www.cwffe.co.uk/  and if you don't know about Heather have a look here http://www.heathercary.com/

What's all this about :? well there is a coffee morning being held this weekend as a fund raiser. Local fly tyers (including me) have contributed collections of flies which will raffled/sold off amongs other goodies including some of Heathers own work.
Details here: http://www.beauly-angling-club.co.uk/SLCFF2014.jpg

I'm going - I'll need the coffee - and whilst it would be a wee bit of a haul for most forum members it's a nice drive to a lovely location and even a few pounds spent will help Heather and the team.

H :cool:

Allan Liddle

Re: Support your Scottish Commonwealth ladies
« Reply #1 on: 26/02/2014 at 14:03 »
Sorry H down at GAC all weekend tyin otherwise might have fancied a wee day out.
If not too late to donate can you pm me yer address and i'll post a wee selection of those easy to tie mayflees i do (four of 'em?) i need to tie a couple for the weekend anyway.
No matter if i'm too late.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 26/02/2014 at 17:05 »
PM on way  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 05/03/2014 at 10:05 »
By all accounts it was a very successful tea/coffee morning held at the very grand Kilmartin Hall overlooking Loch Meiklie; Rachel and I went along first thing to drop off some 'late lots' (thank you Allan) and partake of a brew or two.

Heather was very appreciative of those who donated flies and other fishing paraphernalia to the cause, it was quite busy by the time we left and with fishing lots, a raffle, bric a brac sale, home baking etc over £600 was raised on the day with promises of more to come.

I was very impressed with the tea and coffee facilities, full use having been made of the snooker room at Kilmartin hall.
Not a great photo but to give you a flavour of the event here you go:

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 20/06/2014 at 17:13 »
Meant to post something about this but what with one thing or another.....
The overall Commonwealth competition was won by a Scottish team, but it was the men. The Scottish ladies team seem to have faired rather less well and finished last.

Which is a shame, but someone had to and I'm sure it's the taking part that counts.

H :wink

Allan Liddle

« Reply #5 on: 02/07/2014 at 10:33 »
It's all about the experience Hamish and glad to have helped in a small way towards Heather and the rest of the team.

On a slightly different front i've finally managed to qualify to fish for Scotland after one or two attempts  :z4
Fishing in this year's Five Nations Championships against England, Ireland, France and Belgium first week August around Stirling.
Dead chuffed, really looking forward to it.

Fipsmouch rules, full C&R (which is the only comps i fish these days).

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 02/07/2014 at 10:42 »
On a slightly different front i've finally managed to qualify to fish for Scotland after one or two attempts  :z4

Well done Allan  :z16 I'm confident you'll do well  :cool:

H

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 02/07/2014 at 12:56 »
It's all about the experience Hamish and glad to have helped in a small way towards Heather and the rest of the team.

Fishing in this year's Five Nations Championships against England, Ireland, France and Belgium first week August around Stirling.
Dead chuffed, really looking forward to it.

Fipsmouch rules, full C&R (which is the only comps i fish these days).

Awesome well done. Hope it goes really well for you  :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #8 on: 02/07/2014 at 13:15 »
Thanks guys. Will try my best.  :z16

« Reply #9 on: 05/07/2014 at 00:35 »
Well done Allan , hope you do well !,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allan Liddle

« Reply #10 on: 07/07/2014 at 11:27 »
Cheers John
Lookin forward to it.  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com