Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

troutist

Re: Epic Glass Fly Rods
« Reply #15 on: 06/03/2014 at 15:49 »
very good!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: 05/04/2014 at 16:29 »
I've decided to Keep the Darkside's Lightsaber for myself as i think it looks great :z12

Its great fun on the Ythan were it acts like a mini Switch rod and is spot on for fun with the finnock :z16

So I have done some photo's for the Olive rod which is finished now and no longer available
It has a flor grade handle and a nickel silver and Burled elder reel seat, fine wire double leg snakes and is whipped in Ash Grey silk. It comes with Epic bag and rod tube.

Hope you like it, i think the olive looks fantastic in the daylight and adds another interesting twist on the Whole Epic concept.

As an update on the remaining Blanks, we have a Flame and an Amber left in stock as the Nude is currently in Construction for a customer in Finland :z12 He has gone for a Modern twist on the build with single leg rings and invisible wraps with a highlight, great fun to be building something different. Every Epic so far has been quite different in terms of build but all equally great in terms of performance. :z16

Cheers

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 05/04/2014 at 17:14 »
They are just getting better and better Sandy ..... Nice, very nice! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #18 on: 05/04/2014 at 18:54 »
They sure are beautiful colours and you're doing them justice sandy  :z16

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #19 on: 05/04/2014 at 18:55 »
 :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #20 on: 05/04/2014 at 21:47 »
So that's where recycled Mountain Dew bottles go when they get binned......
Still fugly but not as fugly as the red one.  I'm sure they are lovely things to cast but OMG the colour schemes make my eyes bleed.
Any chance they might make a 9'.#4 weight in black?

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #21 on: 05/04/2014 at 22:12 »
Like the colour of that green one Sandy, what thread have you used that has gone transparent on the feet but olive on the blank?

Cheers

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #22 on: 05/04/2014 at 22:31 »
So that's where recycled Mountain Dew bottles go when they get binned......
Still fugly but not as fugly as the red one.  I'm sure they are lovely things to cast but OMG the colour schemes make my eyes bleed.
Any chance they might make a 9'.#4 weight in black?

:z1

Sorry Euan,

I think it looks pretty cool and if I was not buggering off for a few years I would be tempted if it casts as good as it looks. Then again I do have a green sage and a blue Helios 2.

Eddie. :X2

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #23 on: 05/04/2014 at 22:56 »
Ben

It's Langley super fine silk #10 smoke.
I thought the effect was pretty cool too :z16

Thanks for all the comments :z18

Sandy

Campbell S

« Reply #24 on: 09/04/2014 at 13:15 »
Wow! These rods are amazing. Must get my hands on one to try.

Campbell

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #25 on: 09/04/2014 at 15:44 »
Here's the latest one built for a customer in Finland.
He wanted it to be sympathetic to his Nautilus reel (silver with red drag) and to be a bit more modern in appearance.
I hope he is happy with the effect, it was a bit tricky but turned out really nice. Almost Classic Glass, ironic given it is a modern style build, but perhaps thats the secret to a modern classic :z7 he has kindly allowed me to share some photo's of his build :z18

So that gives a few more ideas of what can be done with these special blanks :z16

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 09/04/2014 at 17:43 »
Olive Epic "no longer available" ......... Mr B is going to take this one fishing! It is such a stunning rod I couldn't resist it :z4

Cheers
Mike

joshua

« Reply #27 on: 09/04/2014 at 18:01 »
Here's the latest one built for a customer in Finland.
He wanted it to be sympathetic to his Nautilus reel (silver with red drag) and to be a bit more modern in appearance.
I hope he is happy with the effect, it was a bit tricky but turned out really nice. Almost Classic Glass, ironic given it is a modern style build, but perhaps thats the secret to a modern classic :z7 he has kindly allowed me to share some photo's of his build :z18

So that gives a few more ideas of what can be done with these special blanks :z16

Sandy

The customer is more than happy... Thanks Sandy for the awesome build!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #28 on: 10/04/2014 at 07:31 »
Cracking build that.     :z16

Personnally, I hate transparent whippings as I cannot understand why anyone would want to see the state of the foot of the average wire guide, but I totally appreciate the skill involved in the build.

That red accent, is that 2/3 turn tucked and then super glued to allow removal of the tag ends?

As I said, really is a cracking build.  :z14

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #29 on: 10/04/2014 at 09:33 »
Cheers Rob :z16

No superglue :wink it would interfere with the clear finish and yes getting the feet to look nice is probably a bigger issue than the whipping, but i think its worth the effort. It was a fun build :z12

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com