Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Pre Season Fly Box Disorder
« on: 10/02/2014 at 19:47 »
So ..... Who is going to confess to suffering from Pre Season Fly Box disorder this year!  :z16

Are you starting to plan your patterns for the new season? Telling yourself that you only need "x" number of flies in your box? Busy working out which patterns those "x" number of flies will be and where they should be slotted in the box ..................... :z4

Ben Dixon

Re: Pre Season Fly Box Disorder
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/2014 at 20:38 »
Not me, mine are perfectly organised and I have everything I need apart from what I need tomorrow.  I lost most of those today  :oops

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 10/02/2014 at 20:45 »
I have everything I need apart from what I need tomorrow.  I lost most of those today  :oops

:z4  :z4  :z4

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 10/02/2014 at 21:05 »
So ..... Who is going to confess to suffering from Pre Season Fly Box disorder this year!  :z16

Are you starting to plan your patterns for the new season? Telling yourself that you only need "x" number of flies in your box? Busy working out which patterns those "x" number of flies will be and where they should be slotted in the box ..................... :z4

:X

Funny man :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Mine are all done :X2

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 10/02/2014 at 21:20 »

Mine are all done :X2

Well done Sandy! :z4  :z4  :z4
I knew I'd get at least one confession!

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 10/02/2014 at 21:32 »
Mike,
I have tied all my spring tubes and they are carefully arranged in an Ikea food sealable freezer bag as Ben and Hamish can testify when I showed them my well organised tube box (plastic bag) on the Tay earlier this season.

Eddie. :X2

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 10/02/2014 at 21:57 »
Mike,

I have tied all my spring tubes and they are carefully arranged in an Ikea food sealable freezer bag .......

Eddie. :X2

Excellent :z16
Not sure if I can get you on that as a confession though? This maybe depends if your Spring Tubes are just a big selection of possibles, or if they have been refined down to a limited number of your go to patterns :wink

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 10/02/2014 at 22:26 »
Mike, see Ed's many threads on tying sessions in Western Asia, all planned and in large numbers.  When fishing the Dee in the spring tubes are so disposable that they are not even worth transferring into a box.  Don't know how many I lost today!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 10/02/2014 at 23:06 »
Don't know how many I lost today!

I'm absolutely bursting to reply to that one Ben ..... but I shall refrain :z13

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 11/02/2014 at 07:27 »
I was up into the wee hours tying weird and wonderful cone heads and tubes for a Mid dee session on saturday.

I don't think I have a single "pattern" but lots of variations on a theme.

I am starting to wonder if tungstun cone heads are going to be too heavy! D'oh!

Peter McCallum

« Reply #10 on: 11/02/2014 at 08:09 »
Spent the weekend trying to tie up some flies for my box without much success too many interruptions  :X2

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #11 on: 11/02/2014 at 08:15 »
Mike,

Living where I do means that I don't really have a close season anymore  :cool:

This does however mean that my boxes end up getting progressively more untidy as the "seasons" pass and are just topped up with replacement flies and anything that comes into my head when I am sat at the vice.

There is one forum member who will agree that most people on here would shudder when they saw the organised chaos that is my fishing tackle.  This does however have one significant advantage....

When I inevitably leave a box at home which is needed at the time. I can always be safe in the knowledge that I will have a good selection of the flies that are meant to be in the box lying in the boot of my car, pocket, vest, hat or pretty much anywhere else I care to look.  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 11/02/2014 at 08:47 »

When I inevitably leave a box at home which is needed at the time. I can always be safe in the knowledge that I will have a good selection of the flies that are meant to be in the box lying in the boot of my car, pocket, vest, hat or pretty much anywhere else I care to look.  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

I like it :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #13 on: 11/02/2014 at 09:08 »

Not me.... for once my boxes are vaguely organised :!

No and I don't go train spotting on a weekend either  :wink
However I am planning on tying a lot (and I do mean a lot) of my favourite patterns between now mid-May, of all types I'm a few hundred in all ready  :z16

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 11/02/2014 at 09:13 »
From what we've seen so far Hamish, I think you're gonna need a bigger box :z4

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com