Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

josh

malaga fishing ?
« on: 05/01/2014 at 00:38 »
Hi, I'm heading to Malaga in the 9th, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good fishing here preferably fly but if it's sea that's fine, now I know there's Marlon and tuna but the season is over for that, even if there's any still water or even better river fishing any help would be great thanks josh

Hamish Young

Re: malaga fishing ?
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/2014 at 13:59 »
Sorry Josh, I've not fished near Malaga.
I have fished in the sea on Mallorca and river(s) in Northern Spain (Catalunya) on the Andorran border, needed a licence for both.
Beyond that my knowledge ends - anyone else ???

H :cool:

josh

« Reply #2 on: 05/01/2014 at 17:29 »
Thanks hamish, were only a short d4ive from the marina, so am sure some of the guys down there could help me out josh

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/01/2014 at 17:46 »
Been to Malaga plenty of times, but not fishing I'm afraid, so I can't help.

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 06/01/2014 at 07:43 »
I know nothing of the ticket situation, but there is a trout water near malaga. Its on the road between malaga and Granada and is called Rio Frio.

I did a quick search and came up with these contact details...hope they help
Information an permits from: Alberge de Pescadores de Rio Frio, Riviera de Rio Frio s/n, 18300 Loja, (Granada) Tel: +34 958 323 177

Failing that, there are a few British carp and barbel anglers writing in the mags about fishing the rivers down that way for big fish, and lots of them. The Barbel are a little different to the UK ones and will readily take flies such as peeping caddis or fry imitations.

There is also mullet and bass from the beach :) An 8 weight fly rod will do for them.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com