Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: What did you get from Santa
« Reply #15 on: 29/12/2013 at 00:44 »
Well done good effort. Enjoy the new toys.

Eddie. :z18

Matt Henderson

« Reply #16 on: 29/12/2013 at 17:36 »
Very nice Matt. How are you going to fish with it?

Eddie. :X2

Use it's tail for Salmon flies obviously!

(no squirrels were harmed in the making of this post!)

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #17 on: 29/12/2013 at 21:23 »
Fair enough Matt,

as long as it is the grey version.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 06/01/2014 at 07:35 »
Orvis wader socks...so far, they have been worn around the house as slippers, they are that thick and warm :)

I have a Dyna King Barracuda rotary vice waiting for me in the US :)

And I treated myself to a Helios #7 Switch rod :)

I bought Cass a model engine to build...yes..thats what she wanted!  :shock

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: 08/01/2014 at 23:19 »

I have a Dyna King Barracuda rotary vice waiting for me in the US :)

Rob,
nice vice. Not from Santa but it is our 30th wedding anniversary in February and my wife has bought me an HMH exhibition vice with all sorts of attachments. It will not make any difference to the flies that I make but it does look like a nice piece of kit to play with.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 09/01/2014 at 08:56 »
but it does look like a nice piece of kit to play with.

Is that not what it is all about? ;)

I am thinking of putting a few £££s towards it and upgrading to an Indexer instead. She leaves on Sunday to the States for 2 weeks so I have to order it and get it delivered to her work in Houston.  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #21 on: 09/01/2014 at 08:58 »
Not from Santa but it is our 30th wedding anniversary in February and my wife has bought me an HMH exhibition vice

I just looked that up at Lakeland...I thought, wow, for £68 you get a lot of stuff...and then realised it had a "0" on the end.

I have owned cheaper cars!..lol. Very nice indeed!

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #22 on: 10/01/2014 at 21:44 »
Rob,
the vice and all the attachments have arrived in a very nice fishpond travelling fly tying case with compartments for materials. It looks ace, the engineering on this is way beyond any vice that I have used previously. It looks like I will joining my son as an expat later this year and heading off to the middle east for a few years so at least I should have a good stock of flies before I come back to retire and fish happily ever after.

Hope you enjoy your new vice when it arrives.

Euan Innes

« Reply #23 on: 10/01/2014 at 21:47 »
Photos Eddie,  or it didn't happen!   :z4

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #24 on: 10/01/2014 at 21:48 »
Euan,
I will go to the kitchen and take some with my phone.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2014 at 22:25 »

Euan,

here it is with the additional jaw sets on the pedestal including the rotary chuck for tubes, sweet no more fannying about with needles.

Eddie. :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2014 at 23:48 »
Looks great Eddie :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #27 on: 11/01/2014 at 00:01 »
Cheers Mike,
still freaking out about the prospect of no trout fishing for a few years but I am sure that I can find some stuff in the sea to throw fluff at to keep me going. Steven seems to be managing in the far east so I suppose his old man will get used to it. At least I will have a nice vice thanks to his mum to keep me going until we come home.

Euan Innes

« Reply #28 on: 11/01/2014 at 12:20 »
Wow!
Now that is pretty. Well played Eddie getting your missus to buy something useful.  :z4

I'm sure it will look lovely in the Middle East churning out Scottish trout flies in preparation for the big return.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #29 on: 12/01/2014 at 00:11 »
Euan,

the big return is one thing but the last hurrah  is another. I am not planning to move (no matter what my boss thinks) before some time in May. Lets get as much fishing and as much memories in as we can before I bugger off to the desert.

I already have the spring salmon fishing organised so we need to get the troot fishing for April and May sorted. I can see Durness and Beanie and the other lochs that we need to explore on the way to Beanie being done before I head off.

Eddie. :z16 :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com