Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

What did you get from Santa
« on: 26/12/2013 at 23:37 »
Guys,
did you get any good fishing goodies from Santa?

I got a Go pro camera which I have no idea how to use yet. I have sent a PM to Goolager for help but if anyone else is conversant with elec trickery any advice would be welcome. I am guessing that Iain Camweron and Euan Soundmixer might have something to say.

P.S,

Euan I picked up a rather fetching Russian hat for you in Azerbaijan to keep your lugs warm next spring. I will give it to you next time we meet.

Eddie.  :z18

Iain Goolager

Re: What did you get from Santa
« Reply #1 on: 27/12/2013 at 09:05 »
Replied to, Edwardo

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 27/12/2013 at 09:44 »
Guys,
did you get any good fishing goodies from Santa?

Two new wading sticks was part of the pressie list Santa asked me to get myself along with both the book and DVD by Justin Anwyl on Bass fishing  :z16

H :cool:

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #3 on: 27/12/2013 at 10:36 »
Two new wading sticks

like these ?  :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 27/12/2013 at 12:24 »
Well I got a Sage XP, a Kindle Fire HDX, lots of socks and whisky, Oh and this T shirt, one stage of development missing though  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #5 on: 27/12/2013 at 17:42 »
A nice pair of Simms wading boots and some new thermals in amongst the whisky, socks etc.

Graeme

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 28/12/2013 at 08:26 »
Jim did you get the medicine ball your smuggling under your t shirt also?? :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 28/12/2013 at 11:40 »
Jim did you get the medicine ball your smuggling under your t shirt also?? :wink

That's the Turkey Baz  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Iain Cameron

« Reply #8 on: 28/12/2013 at 12:55 »
I picked up a tenkara rod from the Czech Republic via ebay for less than £60 new, inc P&P

that's the tenkara rod at the bottom, with its case in the middle. On the top is the butt section from a 4 piece 9 footer just for scale.

Not entirely sure what I'll use it for - but have been doing some nymphing/bugging for grayling with my regular fly rods with leader to hand method and no fly line out of the rod - so I think that's probably where it will fit it.  It'll also fit in the rear pocket of my fishing vest, so it can be carried along as a 2nd rod without getting in the way.

the rod is incredibly thin at the tip, so it'll fun to play with in close quarters stuff.

oh, and bought some more of the excellent barbless, black hooks from fishonproductions - I really like their range of hooks.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 28/12/2013 at 14:40 »
Some great DVDs and a few nice bits and pieces :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 28/12/2013 at 16:53 »
Guys,
looks like Santa is helping everyone to prepare for 2014. Lots of good stuff there.

Eddie.  :z18

Matt Henderson

« Reply #11 on: 28/12/2013 at 17:26 »
When we bought our house the previous owners said there was a squirrel in the back garden. We've yet to see it. To give it some encouragement the wife bought me a squirrel feeder!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 28/12/2013 at 17:51 »
When we bought our house the previous owners said there was a squirrel in the back garden. We've yet to see it. To give it some encouragement the wife bought me a squirrel feeder!

Nice  :z4

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #13 on: 28/12/2013 at 18:37 »

Very nice Matt. How are you going to fish with it?

Eddie. :X2

Soldierpmr

« Reply #14 on: 28/12/2013 at 19:48 »
The wife treated me to a new sonik sk8 xtr 7# 10ft and a sk3 reel with 2 barrio lines  and a new barbour jacket  :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com