Mike Barrio

Baltic today, Freezing in fact .......
« on: 05/12/2013 at 18:04 »
A lot of ice in Inverurie this afternoon ...... safe journey home guys :z16

A few flooded roads out there too I believe :z6

Cheers
Mike

Stuart Smith

Re: Baltic today, Freezing in fact .......
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2013 at 18:15 »
i dont know about home but out here in the north sea there mental snow, wind, and waves.its got to the stage where all our works stopped and were inside.i hope it passes soon and everyones ok

stuart

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2013 at 18:22 »
i dont know about home but out here in the north sea there mental snow, wind, and waves.its got to the stage where all our works stopped and were inside.i hope it passes soon and everyones ok

stuart

I couldn't do your job Stuart ....... hope the weather improves for you soon :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 05/12/2013 at 19:52 »
Weather's been mental today, huge winds, thunder n lightning and snow here this morning.  Flooding at Speymouth, stay safe guys.

Soldierpmr

« Reply #4 on: 05/12/2013 at 20:06 »
Down in Whitehaven the harbour has took a beating and needs repaired my small town hardly ever makes it's onto sky news. :shock

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 05/12/2013 at 20:08 »
Commute into Aberdeen will be crazy tomorrow  :cry

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 05/12/2013 at 20:12 »
Down in Whitehaven the harbour has took a beating and needs repaired my small town hardly ever makes it's onto sky news. :shock

Welcome to the forum Liam :z16

I hope there's not too much damage done.

Best wishes
Mike

Soldierpmr

« Reply #7 on: 05/12/2013 at 20:19 »
Thanks for the welcome Mike  :cool:

Hopefully they will have up and fixed again soon.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 05/12/2013 at 20:32 »
Welcome Liam  :z16

:z18

Jim

paavo

« Reply #9 on: 06/12/2013 at 10:31 »

This is what it likes in Sweden today.

//Harri

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 06/12/2013 at 10:42 »
The drive into aberdeen was fine this morning surprisingly. Yesterday was mayhem with the trains being down!
 Offshore flights cancelled again today,taxi :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 06/12/2013 at 10:54 »
Bit like that for me yesterday..... but without the snow to begin with.
Tried to leave the house at 06:45, at least that's what the clock in the car said. I didn't bother looking at the clocks in the house on the way out as they had stopped since the thunder and lightening and super-strong gale force winds had started battering the North, I'd been without power since around 1am and the clocks were stopped.
As I need electricity to get water to the house (pumped private water supply) I was looking forward to getting to work to have a shower.
And coffee.
Turned right out of the drive down the road 100 yards and a bloody great tree was lying across the road. No way through there then, not even in a Yeti.
Turned back to go out the other way and got 50 yards from the house to be confronted by half a forest lying across the road. No escape.

By 09:00 some local chaps had managed to clear both lots of trees and I finally managed to head for work.
I'd been sucking extra strong mints in an effort to stay warm.

The chaos continued along the way the way to work, trees down everywhere but to be honest the council, SSE and opportunistic firewood gatherers were doing a fine job in keeping the roads clear. Unfortunately the wind was still blowing like a bastard.
This meant the Kessock Bridge was shut to high-sided lorries. This also means they get diverted through Beauly.
Normally it takes me 20 minutes to get to the office from the house.
Yesterday it took much longer. The Radio 2 listeners amongst you will appreciate how long it took for me to get in if I tell you I left the house at 09:00 and managed to eventually get to my office 14 miles away in Inverness just in time to catch the end of Pop Master.

Joy.

:mad

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #12 on: 06/12/2013 at 11:35 »
Power went off 7.30 yesterday morning, I left at at this morning and it was still off. Thermometer in the living room was 4 degrees this morning, went through to the bedroom where it dropped to 2 degrees.

It better be on tonight! I have probably lost my marine tank as the water was down to 12 degrees this morning and all the corals were completely closed up and looking poorly. Thats about £3000 of stock gone  :mad

Mark Zhang

« Reply #13 on: 06/12/2013 at 12:21 »
Looked outside. It becomes worse now. Hope they can repair the power soon.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 09/12/2013 at 21:46 »
I'm liking these milder conditions, it feels warm outside just now :z16

Hopefully a bit less ice about and we can enjoy some open water :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com