Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Graeme Inglis

New Reel
« on: 28/11/2013 at 21:13 »
Hi All, Im new on here and have just bought a new Scierra TX2 reel to go with the Epic blanks Mike is sending me.  The wind on the reel is the wrong way for me and I want to change it.  The trouble is I cannot get the cap off to remove the spool and the instructions dont say how.  I've tried unscrewing but even with an elastic band round it I cannot get it to move.  Your help would be appreciated, does it unscrew or should I be pulling it off, I dont want to attack it with pliers or anything else until I know exactly how its supposed to be removed.

Graeme

Mike Barrio

Re: New Reel
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/2013 at 22:07 »
Hi Graeme
Welcome to the forum :z16

I'm not sure how that one releases I'm afraid, it wouldn't be a push button would it?

Best wishes
Mike

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2013 at 23:12 »
Mike, I've pushed it I've pulled it I've twisted it each way with an elastic band round it, but it doesn't move.  This is a brand new reel albeit bought second hand, its complete with box and instructions.  All the instructions say is remove spool, now that's something that should be quickly achieved on a fly reel, this is my first Scierra and it looks a great reel but is it that hard to change spools?

Graeme

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 28/11/2013 at 23:17 »
I'd contact Scierra. Sometimes these companies can be very helpful if you give them a ring.

Matt

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 29/11/2013 at 07:34 »
I seem to recall you unscrew the drag knob all the way and the spool slides off...I think...

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #5 on: 29/11/2013 at 18:27 »
Finally managed it tonight, wrapped the knob in tank tape then took a small pair of plumbers grips to it!  It loosened, I removed the tank tape and breathed a sigh of relief, no scratches!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Graeme

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com