Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Crimond Mogate
« on: 27/11/2013 at 12:06 »
Hi guys,

One oh the lads that works we me has a walk there every couple oh day's.  Apparently there's loads oh work being done  It has been drained twice, the feeder burn dug out,trees all cut back and the grass too. He said its looks like the tree's are all cut back for fishing, he's never seen anybody fishing there though.  I have some fond memories walking and fishing it a long time ago, It would be great to get a fishery with boats back here's hoping anyway...... Anybody know anything  :z8

Jim Eddie

Re: Crimond Mogate
« Reply #1 on: 27/11/2013 at 13:23 »
Hi James

I remeber the previous owner who had it when the fishery was going lost all his money in some puzzle game where if you found a golden hare (i think) you won a £1 Million.

He had to sell up when the game was won in weeks, a young couple bought the esatae Artists /Sculptpors I think, they had the big house as a wedding venue but there was no fishing.

Not heard anything about that changing.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 27/11/2013 at 14:46 »
I am surprised folk are walking round it, last time up I was confronted by a very angry woman who told me it was strictly private and to go away. I enquired about Pike fishing there (had fish to 14lbs) and was told Pike did not exist in the water and to go away...again!  :z8

However, the owners are William and Candida Petersham who have "peerage" in the form of Viscount and Viscountess of Petersham, part of the Earl of Harringtons family. Candida (Bond) was a model i believe...and was the angry owoman I met. tey can be contacted on 01346 532401

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 27/11/2013 at 15:49 »
Hobby Fishing:  I have some fond memories walking and fishing it a long time ago,

I have some good memories from their as well. This was the first fishery that I ever took my son Steven (salar on the forum) to when he was 4 or 5 years old. In the afternoon we were confronted by a blizzard. Steven might remember but despite the weather he refused to come home. That was the day that I knew he would be a fly fisher for life.

Eddie. :z18

James Abel

« Reply #4 on: 27/11/2013 at 19:40 »
Hi Guys ,

Thanks for the replies Rob and Jim, that's one of the things i love about this Forum its a wealth of knowledge :z14 I will be home in the next couple oh days I will let you all know what I find out......Hopefully they are opening the old place back up,  with all that work  they must be planning something all the best  James :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 27/11/2013 at 20:41 »
James

This is their website if you are interested. http://www.cmg-events.co.uk/location.html

Did you mention the Scottish Access rights Rob  :wink

Jim

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 28/11/2013 at 02:53 »
I have some good memories from their as well. This was the first fishery that I ever took my son Steven (salar on the forum) to when he was 4 or 5 years old. In the afternoon we were confronted by a blizzard. Steven might remember but despite the weather he refused to come home. That was the day that I knew he would be a fly fisher for life.

Eddie. :z18

The phrase "kicking and screaming" springs to mind!  To be honest not an awful lot has changed 20 years on  :z16

Steven.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 28/11/2013 at 07:40 »
Did you mention the Scottish Access rights Rob  :wink

Wellllll, I don't agree with the act, so I was not going to use it to excuse my trespassing :)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 28/11/2013 at 07:41 »
I was talking to one of the chaps here about the place. He thinks they might be offering corporate type days at the loch, and possibly looking at shooting and other "country pursuits".

James Abel

« Reply #9 on: 29/11/2013 at 14:44 »
Hi guys

I'm just off the phone the mogate will not be open to the public. It's a bit if a shame but at least they are doing a lot of work maybe in the future ........who knows😭

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com