Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Lovely mild day today
« on: 16/11/2013 at 15:11 »
Lovely mild day today :cool: ....... did anybody get out for a cast?

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Lovely mild day today
« Reply #1 on: 16/11/2013 at 16:15 »
Quick shot out the back door just now .........a second quick shot and back inside for coffee, I enjoy this type of photography ..... What can I see? Nice, click, cick done :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 16/11/2013 at 18:35 »
Yip fishing for Grayling on the Isla with Iain Cameron, I'll posts photos tomorrow when I get the chance. Lovely day to be out. no joy but an enjoyable day  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 16/11/2013 at 18:54 »
Great stuff Jim, good to know that somebody got to take advantage of such a cracking day for this time of year :z16

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 16/11/2013 at 20:08 »
Yes watching the forecast last night I had the thought this could be one of the last mild Saturdays this year so I had an early session at Haddo. Half dozen or so feisty bows in a few hrs and home in time for an afternoon of rugby on the telly.  :z16

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 16/11/2013 at 20:11 »
Yip fishing for Grayling on the Isla with Iain Cameron, I'll posts photos tomorrow when I get the chance. Lovely day to be out. no joy but an enjoyable day  :cool:

Jim

I've never tried for grayling and would love to catch one but from reports I see here it seems blanks are the norm?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 16/11/2013 at 20:19 »
Yes watching the forecast last night I had the thought this could be one of the last mild Saturdays this year so I had an early session at Haddo. Half dozen or so feisty bows in a few hrs and home in time for an afternoon of rugby on the telly.  :z16

Sounds good to me Noel :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 16/11/2013 at 20:19 »
Noel

will give you a shout next time we are going if you fancy it. 12 miles of river for a £10 for the Grayling season. Some nice fly water.
, some stretches can be bait fished

:z18.

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 16/11/2013 at 20:36 »
Sounds good but I've never seen any reports of fish :z8

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 16/11/2013 at 21:01 »
They are there though but as members of the Grayling preservation Society we have taken a pledge not to catch them  :z4

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #10 on: 16/11/2013 at 21:20 »
Next you will be telling me ye fish with bits of pink fluff no hooks.  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 16/11/2013 at 21:42 »
Fish are there though Noel, found a 20lb + dead Salmon, guy bait fishing Had decent out of season Brownie which he of course returned.

Jim 

Noel Kelly

« Reply #12 on: 16/11/2013 at 22:11 »
 Wow that's a big salmon! I've never seen one that big dead or alive. Do ye have any local grayling info? Baz maybe?  :z8
I've actually got 2 boxes of "grayling flies" one tied by a well known uk guy and I've never even tied one on!   :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #13 on: 16/11/2013 at 22:49 »
Noel its like any other river fishing, I do it once or twice a year, so I'm never going to be any good, but I enjoy the day out. Like anything else if you want to be successful you need put the time in.

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #14 on: 17/11/2013 at 00:48 »
Wow that's a big salmon! I've never seen one that big dead or alive. Do ye have any local grayling info? Baz maybe?  :z8
I've actually got 2 boxes of "grayling flies" one tied by a well known uk guy and I've never even tied one on!   :z4

I have fished the Isla maybe 5 times and only had some small brownies, have only had grayling off of the Dean which runs into the Isla and can be fished off the same permit. Nothing prolific tho  :z18
Seen Plenty of grayling on the Earn on the other hand! Note i said seen, have caught a few but have seen alot being caught also!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com