Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Permits ..... what's yours?
« on: 08/11/2013 at 17:28 »
Here we go again, 2014, what's it going to be ..... season tickets or day tickets? :z8

I keep kidding myself that season tickets on a water are great value and that I'll be able to drop down to the river whenever I want, but then I think about how this kind of limits me to fishing there to achieve that good value and how I might be missing out on fishing other waters on day tickets?

What's your call?

Euan Innes

Re: Permits ..... what's yours?
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/2013 at 18:16 »
Mike,
Day ticket for Loch Beanie (it's so cheap that 3.5 visits and it's covered, so once every month for the season, good deal)

Day tickets everywhere else. So much water, so little time.... :z4
I am planning on more local waters when I can, one Uist trip and one week with the Coastguard, probably some salmon fishing in there and let's just see what else comes along. Primarily wild Broons in wild places  :z16

The way the new job is going, I'll grab what I can, when I can. Sure am travelling a lot!

:z1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 08/11/2013 at 22:55 »
Yes Euan, I guess a single season permit plus a few day trips probably makes most sense :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 09/11/2013 at 09:28 »
Yes Euan, I guess a single season permit plus a few day trips probably makes most sense :cool:

Cheers
Mike

I'd agree with this, i reckon you can get the value of one season ticket, especially if its the ADAA one as it gives such a great selection of water to choose from.

But this year i have fished quite a few other places all on day tickets, i would reckon i've spent about £300 on day tickets but feel it has been worth every penny and certainly better value than another season ticket. Yes it requires you to be a bit more organised, but then working shifts i tend to plan in advance when i'm fishing anyway :z18

So my plan for 2014 is to continue in the same vein as 2013 and try a few of the beats i didn't try this year :z16 while having my ADAA as the banker.

Sandy

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 09/11/2013 at 10:47 »
..... season tickets or day tickets?

ADAA membership, access to lots of water, & it's value for money for me as I probably averaged about 2-3 sessions a week over the season. Being able to get out on a whim whenever the chance arises definitely makes a membership valuable. Supplemented with day tickets and trips again - spent more on day tickets than on the ADAA membership, but the variety, company and adventure make it worth while.

cheers
i,

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 09/11/2013 at 12:55 »
but the variety, company and adventure make it worth while.

Totally :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 09/11/2013 at 18:22 »
My two season tickets , Frserburgh Angling club and CSSC  give me 3 miles of the Ythan, the Waters of Philorth, Fedderate reservoir , Waulkmill and various outings over the season that are subsidised by 50%. All for about £125 a season, really good value in my book  :wink

:z18

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 10/11/2013 at 20:05 »
I am with Euan on the Beanie season ticket for next season. Then it  will be business as usual on Durness and North Uist for the Brownies and the Dee Spey and Tay for the silver tourists.

Need to tie flies for next season.

Eddie. :z18

Matt Henderson

« Reply #8 on: 10/11/2013 at 20:21 »
ADAA season ticket for me. There's so much water to choose from. Beats that fish in very very low water and beats that fish in higher water. Plus with the imminent arrival of what Iain Goolager describes as a fishing spoiler I'm going to be getting shorter outings rather than day/s at a time. And I can be at many beats in the ADAA in about fifteen minutes from the house if I hit the traffic right!

Euan Innes

« Reply #9 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:02 »
I am with Euan on the Beanie season ticket for next season. Then it  will be business as usual on Durness and North Uist for the Brownies and the Dee Spey and Tay for the silver tourists.

Need to tie flies for next season.

Eddie. :z18

Put aside some days for what I've found locally Ed.  Very little travel,  good fishing!

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:11 »
Season ticket on the Beauly AC water and a few days here and there will suit me just nicely.
I thought about rejoining Inverness AC but have another ace or two tucked up my sleeve instead ;)

H :cool:

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #11 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:17 »
Put aside some days for what I've found locally Ed.  Very little travel,  good fishing!

I have looked at some of them and I will make time to visit with you next season.

:z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:30 »
Cant say i have had a major season ticket anywhere for years now, wish i had as it would save me a fortune!
I will probably get a ticket for the Canmore again to allow me to fish the den of Ogil and the river dean/Isla over the winter months.
Seeing as i save money on not having a major season ticket outlay i will be treating myself to a week at Rutland and Grafham in May for quality buzzer fishing  :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #13 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:42 »
I have looked at some of them and I will make time to visit with you next season.

:z16

I'll join you boys if i'm home   :cool:

Jim

Jim Eddie

« Reply #14 on: 10/11/2013 at 21:56 »
Cant say i have had a major season ticket anywhere for years now, wish i had as it would save me a fortune!
I will probably get a ticket for the Canmore again to allow me to fish the den of Ogil and the river dean/Isla over the winter months.
Seeing as i save money on not having a major season ticket outlay i will be treating myself to a week at Rutland and Grafham in May for quality buzzer fishing  :z18

Need to catch up next season Baz

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com