Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

New fishing programme
« on: 04/11/2013 at 21:23 »
Forgot all about this, meant to watch it on Friday, anyone see it ? any good ? Episode 2 this Friday

http://www.channel5.com/shows/chris-tarrant-goes-fishing/episodes/episode-2-553

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

Re: New fishing programme
« Reply #1 on: 05/11/2013 at 07:43 »
Twas a typical Tarrant show, with lots of other enthusiasm and laughing, but also had some good bits when he was talking to others about why they go fishing.

Worth watching, although I do get bored of big game fishing and the same old trolling about. However, I believe there are some exciting episodes coming up involving fish we can catch closer to home :) fridays is Salmon fishing on the Baronscroft Estate in Ireland with some Pike thrown in.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 05/11/2013 at 09:37 »
I watched the 1st show and it was OK, as Rob says the personal interviews/reflections on why people fish was really quite good and well done.
It's a different type of show but for me it was more user friendly that another show where 'now that's what we came here for' is often said in an extreme way and in a Geordie accent  :z7
I'm looking forward to the next show, even if it is just to remind myself how short John Horsey really is  :wink

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/11/2013 at 22:21 »
Missed it, will try to remember this week.

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 06/11/2013 at 07:40 »
It can be watched in full on the link in the first post :)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 22/11/2013 at 15:22 »
I believe Mike Daunt makes an appearance in tonight's episode ..... I wonder what the vocabulary will be like :X1

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #6 on: 22/11/2013 at 19:35 »
I hope Rob is watching!

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 22/11/2013 at 22:02 »
I believe Mike Daunt makes an appearance in tonight's episode ..... I wonder what the vocabulary will be like :X1

Cheers
Mike

Well, he managed to get 'fanny puller' in there so he was reasonably subdued.......  :X2 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 25/11/2013 at 07:44 »
I hope Rob is watching!

I was indeed...and tying Sparklers all weekend..lol

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com