Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Glenogil reservoir
« on: 30/10/2013 at 22:29 »
Anyone ever fished Glenogil Reservoir?
I was unaware of it's existence that close to home! Looks a bit fishy and is cheap too.

:z1

Mike Barrio

Re: Glenogil reservoir
« Reply #1 on: 30/10/2013 at 22:35 »
PM "Bigtroot" Baz or "Jedi" Jim :wink

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 31/10/2013 at 07:36 »
Tickets from Neil at Angus Angling in Forfar. £8-10 a day if I remember from the bank but its only a few quid more for a boat.

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 31/10/2013 at 08:35 »
Tickets from Neil at Angus Angling in Forfar. £8-10 a day if I remember from the bank but its only a few quid more for a boat.

Thanks Rob, I got that far last night, just need to know how it fishes. Got a PM about Den of Ogil so now I have found two near me that I was blissfully unaware of. What a dick..... :z8

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 31/10/2013 at 09:27 »
Thanks mate.
So that's both Ogils and Shandra on the list for next season.
Probably one trip to Brandy and a season ticket for Beanie. Plus whatever I do up North with the Coastguard and my big 50 in Uist.
Sorted!  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 31/10/2013 at 12:35 »
Worth giving the river a go too through Glenogil Estate.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 31/10/2013 at 13:30 »
Euan

Give me a shout when you are going next season  and I'll join you, neither places are that easy to find. Shandra is ideal in the tube, you can bank fish it but tube is best. No big boys, but they could be there.

Den of Ogil boat and bank, just 4 boats so never crowded, bank is really a waste of time as there is only one or two places suitable, very steep sided and deep water. There are lunkers in there though for sure.

You also need to add Backwater to the list  :wink

:z18

Jim     

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 31/10/2013 at 14:48 »
You also need to add Backwater to the list  wink

Ssssssshhhhhhhh!!!! I wasn't going to say anything about Backwater, but I can see the road through Kirriemuir becoming more familier.  :z4

Thanks for the tips on the other lot. I'll give you a shout in the spring.  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com