Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Wild Scotland
« on: 19/09/2013 at 12:02 »
Great piece of film if you're stuck indoors and would really like to be outdoors :z16

2020VISION's latest short film, commissioned by the Scottish Government for the Year of Natural Scotland, showcases Scotland's stunning wildlife and beautiful natural habitats, and introduces the concept of 'ecosystem thinking' and why we need to work together to protect Scotland's nature.

Ben Dixon

Re: Wild Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 19/09/2013 at 12:46 »
Where do salmon farms fit into this, in the year of natural Scotland?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 19/09/2013 at 12:59 »
..and wind farms, tidal power and a fair few Scottish Government ideas that are potentially destroying Scotlands "nature"?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 19/09/2013 at 13:46 »
Sorry .......... did I forget to suggest turning the sound off :X1

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #4 on: 19/09/2013 at 16:57 »
it sounded great in french, Mike !  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 19/09/2013 at 18:02 »
it sounded great in french, Mike !  :z16

....... with the volume turned to zero :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 19/09/2013 at 22:13 »
Two minutes in and they started the climate change bullshit so that was as far as I got I'm afraid.
It did look lovely though.
I guess that after 17 years of no increase in global temperature they are now using pretty pictures try and get their flawed message over. :mad

Where do salmon farms fit into this, in the year of natural Scotland?

..and wind farms, tidal power and a fair few Scottish Government ideas that are potentially destroying Scotlands "nature"?

Precisely chaps. It's all crap.

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 20/09/2013 at 07:50 »
I also noticed that they showed lovely "natural" forests throughout, with Norway Spruces and Pine all lined up in a row! What about the true forests of Scotland. Are we going to see those reinstated? Next they will be reintroducing Lynx, Brown Bear and Beavers..oh..hang on.....

I also noticed in a seperate magazine artical that the Scottish Government has given permission for a huge Rainbow Trout farm on Loch Etive. I dread to think what will happen WHEN, not if, there is an escape. The damage they will cause to the salmon parr and smolts heading down from Awe is a real concern.

And they want a 50% increase in Salmon farms..strangely pretty much all owned by Norwegian companies, who are not allowed to build in theior own waters.

Sorry...need more coffee!! Rant over :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com