Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

check out this line
« on: 02/09/2013 at 20:48 »
I have been using Snowbwee magic for a couple of years,then Snowbee  took out a new range 3x the price and a thicker Diamater :z8 I did a bit of searching and found this stuff

www.dunfly.com/tippet.asp

Its the second spool down,But the initials are a bit funny if you know what I mean :X2

I have only used it for a day so far but it knots well and I havn't broke yet,But I will need a double hook up to test properly all the best J :z16

Jim Eddie

Re: check out this line
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2013 at 20:51 »
Looks like not bad diameter to breaking strain James

:z18

Jim

James Abel

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/2013 at 22:32 »
When I get home next time I will give it a good test its too early to say how good it is,But fingers crossed its a replacement for Snowbee Magic.I have got Grand Max but the amount of knots I get I cant justify £22 But I love the thin Diameter stuff  :z16

James Abel

« Reply #3 on: 31/10/2013 at 10:33 »
Hi guys,
I have now gave this stuff a good test I have now had 3 double hook ups i only broke the once. I nearly always fish lure's so it may not be suitable for some of you, If you like a good 7/8 weight it is worth a try :z13

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 31/10/2013 at 20:38 »
James,

A double hook up proves nothing!!. Not meaning to be harsh but depending on what way the fish want to swim in a double hook up will determine how much strain is put on the leader.

So all in all its a daft of deciding if your leader is strong enough!
Stop stickin to much emphasis on your leader an concentrate on getting your tactics finely tuned!.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com