Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Re: Loch "Lumpie"
« Reply #15 on: 20/08/2013 at 19:30 »
Euan,
I am in. do we have to call and let the mannie know we are coming when we have the ticket or can we just rock up anytime?

That has got to be some of the best value in our part of the world. I could take the tubing stuff up and leave it in the boat house and transport in a new bbq for next season.

Excellent  :z16 :z4 :z18

As far as I know you still have to book the loch but that's ok with me  :z4
Even with the fuel it still works out less than Loch Saugh at, wait for it, £20 for a wee loch that lots of folk fish.
I like the sound of a new bbq too. Might even get on first name terms with the Osprey!

I used to fish it quite often so may also be up for the Season ticket

You are always more than welcome Jim, as is anyone else that fancies a walk on the wild side  :z4

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #16 on: 20/08/2013 at 19:37 »
Euan,
I don't mind phoning in advance. It is close enough to nip down for an evening in June.

Looking forward to next season should be a blast, maybe we will even see it without brilliant sunshine or howling gales. Mind you it fished pretty well despite the conditions.

Maybe see you there as well Jim and maybe Goolager as well.

Eddie. :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #17 on: 20/08/2013 at 20:24 »
Let me know the next time your heading down guys and I'll tag along if I can.

:z18

Jim

Iain Cameron

« Reply #18 on: 20/08/2013 at 20:29 »
... well done carrying that gear in +float tubes,

the walk in was backed by the wind - the caddis navigator has a large surface area, which caught the wind  and fairly pushed me up the hill!

it's 40-50 mins walk, not too hard going, and a pleasantly remote feel once you arrive. great for a forum day out for sure

iain

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #19 on: 24/08/2013 at 15:41 »
Aye Ian ,but at my age walking into the wind across very boggie ground ( almost flow country) it gets no easier, just carrying tackle and a wee stove for a brew,  I had to have tuesday to recover   :X2  easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com