Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: Glentanar
« Reply #15 on: 28/07/2013 at 18:33 »
Not up to Goolager Video standards I'm afraid, but looks OK in 720p HD, you can just about see Iain playing a nice trout in the distance :cool:

ah, if I'd known you were go-Pro recording our exit from the loch I would have staged a you've been framed style falling in! instead, I just dropped my cap into the water :)

Iain Cameron

« Reply #16 on: 28/07/2013 at 18:40 »
a couple more from yesterday

Rob, slumped, admits defeat against the blazing sun

Jim playing his cracking troot

out casting

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 28/07/2013 at 18:44 »
Great photos Iain :z16

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #18 on: 28/07/2013 at 20:51 »
A most enjoyable day afloat and on such a great day weather wise.

Pity about the fish not playing ball in any numbers but that was possibly to be expected.

Real pity that the camera was busted as I must have framed a fair few shots in my minds eye during the day and it truly is a fantastic venue  :z16

Mike, where was your go-pro mounted for the footage shown?

I'll see if there are any decent still to take out of my go-pro footage.................only got home today and have spent the last two hours totally stripping the camera & lens assembly - it now works a treat!!  :z16  :z18

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 28/07/2013 at 20:58 »
Mike, where was your go-pro mounted for the footage shown?

Hi Iain,

Didn't take a mount with me, just kept it in the tube pocket and the footage was hand held :cool: ....... didn't think that I would be in the initial footage, the wide angle lens will take a bit of getting used to :oops

Looking forward to seeing some of your video, if you took any?

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 29/07/2013 at 07:57 »
Indeed I did fail miserably. Two fish touched, but no hook up. That place had never really been kind to me from a boat.

I do wonder if 5lb Fluro was too heavy in such bright conditions, or maybe the olive SLX put them down  :X2, or maybe I did not ground bait enough with crusts, or maybe...well..ok, I can't catch trout!

Love the place though and don't forget, Glentanar also have a fair bit of fishing on the Dee which sometimes comes up on a day ticket.

I did manage a few hours in the evening down on the Dee on my "wee bit" and caught another Sea Trout around 18-20 inches long on a Teal Blue and Silver, so the day was not lost :)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #21 on: 29/07/2013 at 07:58 »
Forgot to say, great few hours bobbing around. Thanks for the invite/organising Iain.

Anyone fancy an evening after Mackeral with the fly? 6-7 weight rod and anything white on the end.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #22 on: 29/07/2013 at 23:18 »

Hashed editing due to a need to fish the Don tonight.
Apologies in advance for the swearword at the end, if you are of a delicate or sheltered disposition caution is advised.

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 30/07/2013 at 00:01 »
One word: Heaven!

Looks like a grand day out. BTW Mike, nice net. Still have the one you gave me  :z16

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Yes, it's a lovely wee loch! I hope your net can now tell a few stories :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 30/07/2013 at 00:05 »
Great wee video Iain ..... they are so much better when the cameraman manages to net a fish :z4

Roll on the next one!

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #25 on: 30/07/2013 at 08:28 »
Yet another fine video, well done Iain  :z16

H :cool:

Euan Innes

« Reply #26 on: 30/07/2013 at 12:35 »
Top job Iain.
Just stop that feckin' swearing will you!  :z7

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #27 on: 30/07/2013 at 14:40 »
Noticed an amazing bit of oarmanship towards the end ;)

So when is there going to be a float tube session on Loriston?

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #28 on: 07/08/2013 at 21:31 »
Damn Tardy i know :X1

But it was a great day out in Good company :z16 I don't have any better pictures :z6

An Armada

And Iain Launches one

Sandy

Allan Liddle

« Reply #29 on: 08/08/2013 at 14:59 »
Great stuff guys, really sorry I missed it.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com