Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Glentanar
« on: 27/07/2013 at 19:45 »
Well it was nice to meet up with with old friends  :cool: We have a debt to Mike for enabling us to meet some great folk at Haddo over the years. We also have Mike to thank for getting a lot of us started  with tubing :z14

Well its a lovely setting but the weather was to lovely as well, still most of us had fish apart from someone who will not be mentioned Rob  :z4  Anyway here are a few photos  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Glentanar
« Reply #1 on: 27/07/2013 at 19:50 »
Jim,
looks great. I am gutted that I could not make it. work got in the way and still is. Next time I will not answer my phone on Friday evenings.

Eddie. :X1

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2013 at 20:02 »
Jim,
looks great. I am gutted that I could not make it. work got in the way and still is. Next time I will not answer my phone on Friday evenings.

Eddie. :X1

Come on Eddie its no like you to let work get in the way of your fishing  :z4

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2013 at 20:36 »
Cracking trout Jim :z16

Great to be out in the tube on a day like today, maybe not ideal fishing conditions, but a grand day out in good company!

I fished away with dries and then wets and nymphs and failed miserably :z4 but I sussed a method towards the end that was more to their liking, shortish roll casts and a Claret Bumble dibbled back to the tube :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 27/07/2013 at 20:45 »
Come on Eddie its no like you to let work get in the way of your fishing  :z4

Jim
Fair play Jim, however depending on the level of incompetence in some areas of the globe, even I have to put work first sometimes.

I even took my tube out of the bag last night to inflate before fishing and discovered that mice had eaten their way into the bag and chewed holes in the outer fabric of the tube and also the laces of my fins. There were no holes in the bladders and the tube held pressure but I am going to wage war against the little b******s, I hate them.

Eddie. :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 27/07/2013 at 22:20 »
Fair play Jim, however depending on the level of incompetence in some areas of the globe, even I have to put work first sometimes.

I even took my tube out of the bag last night to inflate before fishing and discovered that mice had eaten their way into the bag and chewed holes in the outer fabric of the tube and also the laces of my fins. There were no holes in the bladders and the tube held pressure but I am going to wage war against the little b******s, I hate them.

Eddie. :z18

Get a cat Eddie  :wink

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #6 on: 28/07/2013 at 00:09 »
They're out to get you Eddie! Always the way of it. Big day out planned and the phone rings.

Euan Innes

« Reply #7 on: 28/07/2013 at 00:10 »
OK, for one yer all a bunch of c**ts  :z7
For two, damn Banchory show, which is why I couldn't go today (it's my missus main piss up of the year, and y'all can try to tell her I'm fishing and she's not drinking, I'm too scared :shock)

The main pisser is that I developed flies to take trout out of Tanar and I wasn't there to share.
Looks like you had a lovely day for it (more pissed off) and the craic was good, which is why I'll be there next time.
Who would have thought this summer would be blue skies!
Great pictures chaps, thanks. Ed, KILL the mice!
Any more pics would be cool cos I do love the place.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 28/07/2013 at 00:20 »
Euan,

I hate mice almost as much as work, it is now over 29 hours from the phone call and I am not finished . I can understand your thing with the wife but that is a 24 hour thing at worst, work sucks roll on the 18th of August in the hills.

Eddie :z16 :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #9 on: 28/07/2013 at 00:35 »
work sucks roll on the 18th of August in the hills.
Can I have a hallelujah brothers and sisters?

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 28/07/2013 at 00:41 »
yes you can. see you there.

eddie. :z16

Iain Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 28/07/2013 at 11:02 »
Great to be out in the tube on a day like today, maybe not ideal fishing conditions, but a grand day out in good company!

blazing hot sun and little cloud cover didn't augur well for a loch that fishes much better at dusk. But these days out aren't about catching, but about catching up. Great wee day, good chat with Jim, and great to look out on the water and see some familiar faces. Well, apart from Sandy's face, which was (sensibly) covered up as though he was on the bonefish flats...

couple of quick pics from me

the loch, morning:

a 16" brown for me

Jedi, Goolager, the Hut

i need to get a better zoom camera
cheers
iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #12 on: 28/07/2013 at 11:05 »
who was that masked man?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 28/07/2013 at 13:47 »
Not up to Goolager Video standards I'm afraid, but looks OK in 720p HD, you can just about see Iain playing a nice trout in the distance :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Dutchfly

« Reply #14 on: 28/07/2013 at 16:50 »
One word: Heaven!

Looks like a grand day out. BTW Mike, nice net. Still have the one you gave me  :z16

Jeroen

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com