Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Cool video
« on: 19/07/2013 at 16:42 »
Don't know if this has been posted before, but this is worth a watch.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Cool video
« Reply #1 on: 19/07/2013 at 22:03 »
Euan,
great vid good message. Too many people live to work when they should work to live and live to fish.

This advice should be available on the NHS.

Eddie :z16 :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 19/07/2013 at 22:34 »
Great find Euan  :z16 No one one their death bed ever said they wished they had spent more time at work  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 20/07/2013 at 18:40 »
Cool video!

As a young loon I was quite into music and half thought about either going on to study music and have a career playing in an orchestra or joining the army as a piper. I ended up selling my soul to the oil industry instead. Why? Because at the back of my mind I wondered what would happen when my hobby became my job.

I had a totally pointless day at Crathes yesterday very little water to fish and some of the best fishing spots at this height of water (-4 below the summer level) are also favourites with the public for dog walking stone throwing and dooking. However after a busy few months with work and selling property etc there is something awesome about spending a day in fresh air fishing. And even better I don't get mobile reception so web of work were trying to get hold of me I wouldn't have got the call.

Matt

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 20/07/2013 at 19:48 »
Sounds like a great day Matt, fish or no fish.
I'm on the beat above Crathes first week in August, so there better be rain before then!

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 20/07/2013 at 19:59 »
A free days fishing on one of the most picturesque beats on the river/planet can never be sniffed at! However if I was heading to the river next week I would take a single hander. A lot of the places. Where fish are holding were in deep slack water. for my ability almost impossible with a double hander but may be possible with a single hander.

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 20/07/2013 at 22:32 »
However if I was heading to the river next week I would take a single hander.

Strangely enough, that was what I was trying to sort out today. I can see an SLX being bought in the next week or so!

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 21/07/2013 at 07:57 »
Also the Ghillie might choke but I seem to remember ben talking about fishing a silver stoat under a bomber. Not the done thing but with water and numbers the way they are you never know!

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 21/07/2013 at 07:59 »
Klink and dink for salmon  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4
I can hear the ghillie now

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com