Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

lukemalcolm

Hi all
« on: 09/07/2013 at 10:43 »
I will be starting a new job working in Kintore Aberdeenshire, I am relocating from down in the south of England.

I looking for any advice on local rivers and streams around the kintore area in particular whether I require to purchase a season ticket or day ticket?

Thanks in advance

Lukemalcolm

Mike Barrio

Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/2013 at 11:27 »
Hi Lukemalcom
Welcome to the forum :z16

I think you'll find that you are going to have plenty of waters to choose from when you arrive. Lots of good fishing on the River Don, with options of day permits, season permits, or club memberships that will open up lots of possibilities right on your doorstep. For smaller rivers / streams, you will hopefully enjoy exploring the River Ythan .......

Have a look round the main website for a taster http://fishingthefly.co.uk/river-don.html

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 09/07/2013 at 11:41 »
Hi
Seen your post on Fff. There are a few of us forum members living in kintore. Giz a shout once you are settled and one of us will meet you and hopefully answer some of your questions.
Cheers
Noel.

lukemalcolm

« Reply #3 on: 09/07/2013 at 12:02 »
thanks for all the replies.

Kind Regards
lukemalcolm

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 13/07/2013 at 17:35 »
Welcome to the forum & Scotland Lukemalcom, I'm sure Noel will give you some good advice  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 13/07/2013 at 20:20 »
I'm sure Noel will give you some good advice

Just ignore anything Noel and Goolager tell you about fishing fashion though and you'll be fine  :z4 :z4 :z4
Welcome aboard and welcome to the land of clean air. Enjoy!

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 13/07/2013 at 20:41 »
Just ignore anything Noel and Goolager tell you about fishing fashion though and you'll be fine  :z4 :z4 :z4

Says the guy that drives a dick extension  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #7 on: 13/07/2013 at 23:56 »
Says the guy that drives a dick extension

So WTF is your car? C**t wagon  :z4 :z4 :z4
All roar, no score. :X
I'll have you know that I have a practical saloon that gets from A to B.....
But I have to admit that I know FA about fashion.  :X2

Ben Dixon

« Reply #8 on: 14/07/2013 at 00:47 »
So WTF is your car? C**t wagon  :z4 :z4 :z4
All roar, no score. :X

Cool, response  :z4

Mine's a practical truck with enough ground clearance to get me from A - Z without "Muiring" the underside.

Euan Innes

« Reply #9 on: 14/07/2013 at 09:27 »
Mine's a practical truck with enough ground clearance to get me from A - Z without "Muiring" the underside.

:z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 14/07/2013 at 09:37 »
Welcome 'lukemalcom'  :z16

The good news for us all is that this thread has brought a whole new term "a Muiring" to the forum dictionary.
I can see it getting a lot of use  :wink Eh Kev :?  :X2

H :cool:

Iain Goolager

« Reply #11 on: 14/07/2013 at 10:42 »
Welcome Lukemalcom  :z16

Tricky season so far on the Don, I've spent the vast majority of the season being Muired.

Iain

Kevin Muir

« Reply #12 on: 14/07/2013 at 11:35 »
Welcome Lukemalcom

We are a friendly bunch (most of the time).

How is you car behaving today Hamish, which part has decided to go on strike today :X2

Yes, I will agree bits fall off my car(s) occasionally but at least it's intentional, well sort of :z4  A gentle prod with a hammer sorts everything, that's where you are going wrong with that B..... Alfa Hamish.

Let me have a look at it and it will be too scared to mess you about again :wink

I hope it is playing ball now and you can get rid of it soon.

In the future, if anyone has car problems, we should just say it's Hamished :lol 

Kev.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #13 on: 14/07/2013 at 12:43 »
I looking for any advice on local rivers and streams around the kintore area in particular whether I require to purchase a season ticket or day ticket?

Welcome aboard! If you're planning to be here for a few seasons, then worth looking at joining a club/association water. Aberdeen & District Angling Association has plenty of Don beats within striking distance of Kintore. see http://www.adaa.org.uk/
for info,  and feel to ask me for detail

cheers
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com