Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Olley

Great afternoon at Haddo
« on: 03/06/2007 at 12:29 »
Hi Mike
Just wanted to say thanks for what was probably my best afternoons trout fishing.
In excess of 30 fish including 2 in double figures and a 7lb blue is fantastic fishing, although I see from the catch reports nothing exceptional. Well, it was exceptional for me  :z4
To catch them all on a 4wt bamboo "wand" on dries or little spider type flies was the icing on the cake. No fritz, marabou or beads of any description required.  :grin:
Thanks again, I'm still buzzing  :z16

Mike Barrio

Re: Great afternoon at Haddo
« Reply #1 on: 05/06/2007 at 23:53 »
Quote from: "caddisfisher"
Hi Mike
Just wanted to say thanks for what was probably my best afternoons trout fishing.
In excess of 30 fish including 2 in double figures and a 7lb blue is fantastic fishing, although I see from the catch reports nothing exceptional. Well, it was exceptional for me  :z4
To catch them all on a 4wt bamboo "wand" on dries or little spider type flies was the icing on the cake. No fritz, marabou or beads of any description required.  :grin:
Thanks again, I'm still buzzing  :z16

Hi Dave

"Buzzing" is good  :z16

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm really chuffed that you enjoyed yourself so much  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com