Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Two Hands .....................
« on: 09/05/2013 at 13:12 »
This double handed Switch and Spey stuff is great fun and very addictive :cool:

I can do it ..... but it's not pretty :oops and I'm really looking forward to getting on the river for a bit more practice :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

Re: Two Hands .....................
« Reply #1 on: 09/05/2013 at 13:28 »
It wasn't looking that bad last time I saw you Mike.  You have a few hours to cash in yet mate.......

Give me a shout  :wink

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 10/05/2013 at 07:36 »
This double handed Switch and Spey stuff is great fun and very addictive :cool:

Oh yes indeedy  :wink

I can do it ..... but it's not pretty :oops and I'm really looking forward to getting on the river for a bit more practice :cool:

Sod the practice  - go fishing  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 10/05/2013 at 08:18 »
Mike, agreed!

My first experience of double handers was a 15 foot Fibatube and an 11 weight DT Aircel Supreme. It was horrid and heavy!

My current set up is a 12' 6" 8/9 Guideline Scandi rod and shooting head, and it makes life so simple! (I want the 14 and a half footer, 9/10 weight version for bigger water :) )

The Manse pool used to hold all sorts of horrors for me with my original setup and I would struggle to put a line and tube across to the far bank. With the "modern" set up, I can pretty much do it every cast (still need practice!)

From thinking a double hander was a burden, I now look forward to getting out with it.

I hope to be replacing my 10' 8" #5 Switch with something a little more "beefy" for summer Sea Trout and can't wait to "Circle C" my way down pools I would normally struggle with using a single hander.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 10/05/2013 at 09:55 »
Rob,  you fly fish for salmon  :z8

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 10/05/2013 at 22:37 »
Had a wander round the don with Michael "Windknot" this evening to look around and play with the Barrio switch line on my switch rod... Good fun.... Photos to come of Michael fishing a size 18 dry on said rod to rising tiddlers ... Presentation hampered by me forgetting to tell him that I'd left an intermediate polyleader In place. Oops!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 10/05/2013 at 22:45 »
Presentation hampered by me forgetting to tell him that I'd left an intermediate polyleader In place. Oops!

:z4  :z4  :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #7 on: 11/05/2013 at 07:54 »
Photos to come of Michael fishing a size 18 dry on said rod to rising tiddlers ...

There were some rising fish. We had a Switch rod and the Barrio Switch line. Dry fly? tiny? why not...
Michael putting out a nice upstream dry...

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 14/05/2013 at 12:06 »
Photos to come of Michael fishing a size 18 dry on said rod to rising tiddlers ...

Have you not been hunted down by the dry fly police yet for using unauthorised methods? ;)

And there was me working large streamers on a 4 weight on Sunday!!..

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com