Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

From a Loch up North
« on: 01/05/2013 at 06:53 »
Kev & I had our first tube outing of the year a couple of weeks back on a loch up north, somewhere that I can see myself spending a large amount of time this season as I reckon it has serious big fish potential.  We fished 21st April which was extremely windy, cold and without any visible fly life.  Was temp approx 2 degrees and air temp only about 8.

Too windy to get any decent fishing pics and very few fish caught, one each for a long day.

Took this one on a #10 Claret Bumble, came in at bang on 1.5lb, Kev had a niec fish of about 2lb which I'm hoping he'll post a picture of.

Hope to be back there in two weeks time  :cool:

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

Re: From a Loch up North
« Reply #1 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:10 »
That's a nice trout Benji  :z16

Iain

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:17 »
Lovely colours :z16

Pleased to see you have remebered what all this fishing is actually for :z4 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:19 »
Nice trout that, very nice trout  :z16

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:22 »
Lovely colours :z16

Pleased to see you have remebered what all this fishing is actually for :z4 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Yeah, fishing is for silver things that don't exist Sandy.  Just ask Rich :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:26 »
cracking trout there!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 01/05/2013 at 07:43 »
Yeah, fishing is for silver things that don't exist Sandy.  Just ask Rich :z4

:z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Thats right i forgot :oops,

Passion is for golden thingy's that do :z16

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 01/05/2013 at 08:51 »
Nice trout Ben :z16

Cheers
Mike

Kevin Muir

« Reply #8 on: 01/05/2013 at 23:42 »
Sorry for the delay in getting the photo uploaded.

The only fish I saw on a very cold day tubing up north.

I came to a Bibio that was being brought through the top of the water, it was great to see the fish come to the fly.

I have never ever been so cold in a tube, I had to get out and walk the banks for a while, never had to do that before.  It took ages for my feet to get back to normal. 

It was in surprisingly good condition for this location so early in the season.  The snow has only recently left the hills around the loch.

It was great being back in the tube again.

Kev.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 02/05/2013 at 07:13 »
That's a nice fish Keverino  :z16

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 02/05/2013 at 07:52 »
I have never ever been so cold in a tube, I had to get out and walk the banks for a while, never had to do that before.  It took ages for my feet to get back to normal. 

Ahem..... I told you it would be bloody nippy :wink Despite my bounteous layers of 'natural' insulation it would have been too damn cold.

H :cool:

Ben Dixon

« Reply #11 on: 02/05/2013 at 09:20 »
Errr,

Ahem..... I told you it would be bloody nippy  Despite my bounteous layers of 'natural' insulation it would have been too damn cold

I was fine.  Pussies!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #12 on: 02/05/2013 at 10:09 »
Nice fish guys :z16 on a bibio 2 eh!

Loxiafan

« Reply #13 on: 02/05/2013 at 11:01 »
Nice, well earned fish there guys but you'd still need to put a gun to my head to get me in a tube !  If God/Allaha/Budda/Ra/Mother Earth wanted me to do that I would have been born with an inflatable arse ! :z4 

However, if you were allowed to use them on bits of the Don, that'd be different  :wink

Lindsay

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: 02/05/2013 at 11:50 »
If God/Allaha/Budda/Ra/Mother Earth wanted me to do that I would have been born an inflatable arse ! :z4 

And.................................................. :X5

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com