Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

You know it's windy when......
« on: 23/04/2013 at 18:53 »
OK, I had a properly shit day fishing the Beauly today. It was so windy that even I, with my ample casting 'ballast', was damn near blown over twice :shock Casting was fun....... not. The 'stand in' Ghillie on the beat told me he was going back to his house at lunch time to get a German 1st World War helmet to wear as some form of head protection from the wayward casts being made by others on the beat today  :z10

However, into every 'wind' day something good happens :z16

Today it happened after I had driven back into Beauly to top up my wine supplies. Now I know I should not find humour when it comes to bad things happening to chavs the inflicted but I saw about the funniest thing I've seen in a while...... today I learnt that wheely bins being leant on by chavs the inflicted.....are actually alive and behave much like tumbleweed  :z13 They demonstrated that they have minds of their own by toppling over and generally flying around the place with said chavs inflicted still trying to lean in the now vacant space left by the wheelie bin.
Unfortunately the bin was no longer there.... but the contents of the bin had made it to the ground. Where our two chavs inflicted ended up. In the shit.
Yes... today was a good day :cool:

H :wink

Rob Brownfield

Re: You know it's windy when......
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2013 at 08:23 »
 :z16 :z16

Glad the day ended well!..lol

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2013 at 09:21 »
The wheelie bin episode was truly epic Rob, I just about pissed myself laughing and I suspect everyone else who saw it happen probably did :z16

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2013 at 10:01 »
Always nice to see certain members of society end up on their arse!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com