Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

First tubing sesh of 2013
« on: 20/04/2013 at 21:40 »
There was a suggestion from Iain Cameron (nice Iain) of a tubing session this w end and after some river/tubing deliberation the tubes won out.
Was great to get afloat again. I get a right buzz from going afloat in a tube, its just adds another element. Anyone reading this thinking of having a go my advise is just go for it!
Iain and I were just speaking today of the dept we owe to Mike for the whole Haddo experience. Its where we both first tried tubing and where we first met so its safe to say without Mr Barrio and Haddo, today would never have happened.  :z16

To the fishing.

Large midge on the water all day so the fish were looking up. Plenty fish rising which were in the main willing to take our offerings, sometimes static or tweaked and sometimes pulled.
No monsters but some right bonny trout I'm sure ye will agree  :z15  

Jim Eddie

Re: First tubing sesh of 2013
« Reply #1 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:20 »
Aye some Bonnie Troot Noel , Park ?

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:22 »
Bonny bonny troot mate.
There is a VERY good reason that I c&r and you just photographed it.

:z1

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:31 »
Aye some Bonnie Troot Noel , **** ?

Jim

Lol Jim you may be right. Thanks for that I seem to have completely forgotten to name the Loch in my post!!! Ya dafty :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:45 »
Noel getting pumped

Buttery

Bonny trouts

As Noel said, much debt to Sr. Barrio - today, we used SLX lines, barrio t shirts, float tubes (which we both learned to use at Haddo), and thanks to this forum, we made great fishy contacts.

Euan... Re my PM earlier this week.... You know you want to!

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:46 »
A proper tube!

Iain Cameron

« Reply #6 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:51 »
Noel,
Nice selection - amazing the different colours of the fishes in one water

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:57 »
Aye sure is nice Iain  :z16 I'm very happy with the shots from my new camera think it captured the colours really well. The longer range ones I took of you are shocking but I didn't buy it for long distance shots.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 20/04/2013 at 23:13 »
Noel,
Bonny troots.
Got to concur with the comment about Mike and Haddo. My son Steven and I were introduced to tubing via the same route and we have been paddling on wild waters including Durness ever since and hope to do so for many years to come.

Thanks Mike.

Eddie.

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 21/04/2013 at 00:44 »

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 21/04/2013 at 09:56 »
Great report & excellent fish  :z16

Glad you like your new camera Trig. Pity you don't realise that you need a new bonnet too.

Iain I don't know if the 'buttery trout' moved or it's a depth of field thing but the in focus section of the trout is quite something, crop it and sell it as an avatar.

Iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 21/04/2013 at 19:22 »

Iain I don't know if the 'buttery trout' moved or it's a depth of field thing but the in focus section of the trout is quite something, crop it and sell it as an avatar.

err, thanks! It was the typical random shot of a trout in the net on the line tray. I'd cropped the photo down to just that bit, because it looked good. More by luck than judgement... My camera is a wee pentax optio thing. On. click. photo done. off. No mucking about with it - just snap and go!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 21/04/2013 at 19:55 »
We were heading north to fish a loch near Inverness today and passed you on the A96.

Some nice fish there  :z16

We fished hard today for two fish, Kev had one approx 2lb and I managed one at 1.5lb, will get some pics up later.  Back again tomorrow and hoping for a slightly warmer day.  Very cold and very windy.

Cheers

Ben

Euan Innes

« Reply #13 on: 21/04/2013 at 21:01 »
Euan... Re my PM earlier this week.... You know you want to!

Yer f**kin' right I do! Working on a date Iain  :cool:

Noel,
Don't pump a Shakey Dude, you'll pop the valves. Oral is good  :shock :z7 :z4

I can't imagine how many folk went through Haddo learning to light line, tube, fish spiders and just have a good craik over the years. Thanks Mike!

:z1

Iain Cameron

« Reply #14 on: 21/04/2013 at 21:08 »
fished hard today for two fish, Kev had one approx 2lb and I managed one at 1.5lb, will get some pics up later.  Back again tomorrow and hoping for a slightly warmer day.  Very cold and very windy.

Going back there Monday too. Tied up a few partridge and UV pink spiders  today - the trouts loved thme, the other day. Cold? Windy? Aye, that's a given!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com