Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Loch of Lintrathen - facebook
« on: 19/04/2013 at 10:43 »
Guys,
I see that the Loch of Lintrathen has a facebook page (Lintrathen Loch Fishery https://www.facebook.com/Lintrathen?fref=ts -  I have 'liked' it) but what concerns me a smidgen is it seems some of the photos on their page have been 'lifted' from posts on this forum. We all know that pictures get 'borrowed' on the internet from time to time but as Lintrathen is a commercial venture you would think they would ask first - wouldn't you :?
Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick and forum members have given permission or passed those photos on with their blessing.
Is that the case :?
H :cool:

Marc Fauvet

Re: Loch of Lintrathen - facebook
« Reply #1 on: 19/04/2013 at 11:08 »
yup, that pic of you is quite unflattering. i'd suem' !  :z4 :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 19/04/2013 at 13:32 »
Hamish, rules on using photos from the internet are very very clear.

Anyone can use one of your photos that you have posted into a public domain without your permission, UNLESS is is used in a defamatory (covers things like sexuality, religion, political view and so on) or COMMERCIAL GAIN.

If the Facebook page advertises the fishery and uses your photos to re-inforce this, then they are breaking copyright law.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 19/04/2013 at 19:25 »
..... or COMMERCIAL GAIN.

If the Facebook page advertises the fishery and uses your photos to re-inforce this, then they are breaking copyright law.

So there's an interesting question.... is a Facebook page (not profile...) for something like (for arguments sake) a trout fishery commercial advertising :? What about the gallery that page might use to show pictures of happy customers :? Hmmmmm..... rubs chin.

It's not that I object to photos with me in them being used, but if you do lift photos from other places is it not polite to ask first ???

:cool:

PS - Marc - none taken buddy  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 19/04/2013 at 19:47 »
Hey there is a couple of my ugly mug on there as well  :shock

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 19/04/2013 at 19:50 »
Hey there is a couple of my ugly mug on there as well  :shock

Jim

That should scare the punters away!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 19/04/2013 at 20:30 »
That should scare the punters away!

Right enough Noel, that will be their excuse for it being non commercial  :z4

Jim

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #7 on: 20/04/2013 at 00:03 »
So there's an interesting question.... is a Facebook page (not profile...) for something like (for arguments sake) a trout fishery commercial advertising :?
most definitely. just like on Twitter and other social platforms it's a free and legal form of advertising used by millions of companies and businesses of all kinds.
the image aspect can be quite complex but it all bears down to one simple 'rule'. if you don't want something, image, quote or anything whatever on the internet and don't want it to be shared all over then don't put it there in the first place. (or don't allow it to be there)
easier said than done...

cheers,
marc

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 20/04/2013 at 22:19 »
if you don't want something, image, quote or anything whatever on the internet and don't want it to be shared all over then don't put it there in the first place.

Ah the world we live in......
The thing with Face f**k and Twatter and the modern culture of posting every facet of what "normal people" do in a day is that it all comes back to haunt. I am old now and get quite cantankerous about what the young folk post and then whine about later, and it befuddles me why they think that a photo published in the public domain should be "private".
Saying that, the original photo was on here and lifted without permission, so f**k 'em. If only the fishing was as good as the advertising then I would be there weekly....

Lastly, I have one thing to add.
Hamish, YOU LOOK LIKE YER DAD!!! :z7 :z7 :z7 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :X5 :X5 :X5

:z1

Barry Robertson

« Reply #9 on: 22/04/2013 at 08:21 »
If only the fishing was as good as the advertising then I would be there weekly....

Maybe you just need to learn how to fish the water then as I have no complaints on how well it fishes yearly  :z6

Euan Innes

Re: Loch of Lintrathen - facebook New
« Reply #10 on: 22/04/2013 at 18:58 »
Maybe you just need to learn how to fish the water then as I have no complaints on how well it fishes yearly  

Guess I must try harder  :z4
I has been hard going the time I fished there so I really should just man up and crack on. It always looks "fishy" but just has never produced fish for me.
YET!

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com