Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: Outcasts Highland Fling - 2013
« Reply #15 on: 29/03/2013 at 09:10 »
There's always hope  :z16

C'est la vie Iain, worth noting the Outcasts gathering is over 30/31/1 weekend, not the one before :z16
Guess that's still a no-no for you.

ah. well, the gig is 24th. and if I cannot move that (and looks unlikely at moment) then I'll probably not make it to shetland (!) in which case...

We've a gig next saturday, which will be first chance all the band's had this year to get together, so I'll sus out options after that. With 9 folks in the band, finding free weekends when we can all play is a bugger!

although looks like I might be too late anyways
iain

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #16 on: 29/03/2013 at 12:55 »
Irvine,
I have 2 tubes so I can bring a spare for you if you want.

Eddie.

Irvine,

What he means is that my tube is available which you are more than welcome to use.

It was once owned by the famous Sandy Nelson. If that's not a sure fire way of catching troots I don't know what is :-P

Cheers,

Steven.

Euan Innes

« Reply #17 on: 29/03/2013 at 19:50 »
Oh Iain, you and your rock 'n' roll lifestyle.
I also notice a lot that the Uni never figures in your fishing plans  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

The bright side? Whatever happens, you are fishing or playing so you win either way.  :z18

:z1

Irvine Ross

« Reply #18 on: 30/03/2013 at 17:01 »
Irvine,

What he means is that my tube is available which you are more than welcome to use.

It was once owned by the famous Sandy Nelson. If that's not a sure fire way of catching troots I don't know what is :-P

Cheers,

Steven.

Steven/Eddie

Thanks for the generous offer of the tube. That would be very welcome. We can sort out the details nearer the time.

I use a rod that was once owned by the famous Sandy Nelson but when you throw me into the equation  the "sure fire way of catching troots" doesn't work as well as it did in Sandy's hands.

Cheers

Irvine

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: 31/03/2013 at 14:21 »
Irvine,
no problem. It is great that after years of Steven using my stuff that I can finally put some of his to use since he is living half way round the world. Give me a shout nearer the time and we can get organised.

Eddie.

Hamish Young

Re: Cancelled - Outcasts Highland Fling - 2013
« Reply #20 on: 30/05/2013 at 17:18 »
Cancelled
To Irvine, Euan, Jim, Eddie and Mike I am sorry guys but I have to pull the plug on this years gathering :oops
Unforeseen circumstances (as these things always are) mean that I have become inextricably double booked, something had to give and it boils down to the fact I simply cannot host the Outcasts Highland Fling this year.
I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused and to all who were going to attend I hope this will be sufficient notice for you to change any plans.

:cry

Allan Liddle

« Reply #21 on: 31/05/2013 at 18:18 »
Sorry to hear that H as cracking weekend (despite my limited cameo appearance last year you could see it was going to be a hoot).

How about using the Lochindorb float tube flotilla gathering early September as a compromise where we could meet up for a blast on the Sunday?  Not cutting in just trying to lessen the disapointment.

Allan L

Jim Eddie

« Reply #22 on: 31/05/2013 at 22:30 »
I'm up for that Allan  :z16

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #23 on: 01/06/2013 at 12:17 »
Sounds good Allan

:z1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 03/06/2013 at 00:43 »
That sounds like a good idea Allan :z16

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #25 on: 03/06/2013 at 10:19 »
H,
pity about that I was looking forward to it. However I would also be up for Lochindorb.

Just back from a 2 week stint on the Spey then the limestone lochs of Durness and finally 4 day on North Uist.

I now need another holiday to recover. When I get organised I will put a wee report with some photos.

Eddie.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 03/06/2013 at 13:59 »
H,
pity about that I was looking forward to it. However I would also be up for Lochindorb.

Just back from a 2 week stint on the Spey then the limestone lochs of Durness and finally 4 day on North Uist.

I now need another holiday to recover. When I get organised I will put a wee report with some photos.

Eddie.

Aye its a hard life Eddie  :z4

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #27 on: 03/06/2013 at 16:10 »
Jim,
as I have said previously it is a hard life but somebody has to do it and it might as well be me.

:z18 :z18 :X2

Eddie

Jim Eddie

« Reply #28 on: 03/06/2013 at 19:14 »
Jim,
as I have said previously it is a hard life but somebody has to do it and it might as well be me.

:z18 :z18 :X2

Eddie

Now Eddie, that's just not fair it should really be me  :z4

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #29 on: 04/06/2013 at 14:17 »
Ach well to be fair it's usually me  :z7 but suppose time someone else got a wee shot..........this time  :z4

Looking forward to that report Eddie.  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com