Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Happy formulas
« on: 21/03/2013 at 08:19 »
Pot hole + 55 mph = damaged alloy (lump missing + tear in side wall)

Damaged wheel + 6:00am + snow + mud + handle for jack missing = angry Rob

Spare wheel + arrive at work = slightly calmed down Rob

Glance at other rear tyre + confused look + slight hissing/spitting sound = slow puncture in other rear tyre

Winter tyre + fitting = £180 x 2

Tyres on car only 2 months old = angry Rob once more

Euan Innes

Re: Happy formulas
« Reply #1 on: 21/03/2013 at 09:19 »
Fecking roads department bast**ds!
I hit a pothole last October and tried to claim off the council. I got fobbed off by the councils insurance company with some really lame excuses so good luck if you try to claim Rob.
I now have to have lightening reactions to swerve to miss the bloody things because I do not want a repeat expense.

:z1

Ploddy

« Reply #2 on: 21/03/2013 at 09:29 »
Rob, if you are thinking about making a claim I would have a look at www.potholes.co.uk as there is a detailed bit on there with what information you need and how to go about it.

Davie

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 21/03/2013 at 10:05 »
Rob, if you are thinking about making a claim I would have a look at www.potholes.co.uk as there is a detailed bit on there with what information you need and how to go about it.

Davie

Cheers...I will make a claim as the tyre is pretty much brand new.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 21/03/2013 at 12:13 »
Maybe drive a little slower and you'll be able to avoid any potholes?

Agree that they should not be there but, I manage to miss them most of the time.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 21/03/2013 at 12:31 »
Maybe drive a little slower and you'll be able to avoid any potholes?

If you were within punching distance you would be punched..lol.

Twas a left hand bend, I had to hug the side of the road thanks to a bus very close to the double white lines. Unfortunately the pot hole was under a large puddle so what with the headlights of the bus and the water, I did not see it.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 21/03/2013 at 12:35 »
The day will be coming soon enough when they start closing roads, strategically chosen to increase my drive home by 5 miles and one additional half hour, so that they can perform the neccessary repairs which should have been tackled 18 months ago!! More baggeration for the working man.  :mad

I've had to replace 3 windscreens in the last 6 months (prior to that I have NEVER replaced a windscreen on a car) due to the stones from these potholes being catapulted at my face. Perhaps if I payed even more taxes and stopped whinging then the fat inept monkeys could get on with the task in hand.....ROAR!

F*.......2,3 and relax!

Iain

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 21/03/2013 at 12:36 »

Iain was amused by this

Ben Dixon

« Reply #8 on: 21/03/2013 at 13:02 »

Comment may not necessarily have been aimed squarely at you :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #9 on: 21/03/2013 at 13:11 »
Some are definitely unavoidable (unless you know where they are, and anyway this would often mean coming to a dead stop...not great on an A or B road). My droplinks and a newish tyres went last summer and I am positive it was as a result of hitting all these f-ing holes  :mad

Iain, I had a prang a few years ago and got a long term courtesy from Enterprise ( a nice 1.6 Ford Focus). On holiday I cracked the windscreen, took it back, got another one and subsequently went on to crack the windscreen in the replacement 2 days later ! I was most embarrased  :oops

L

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 21/03/2013 at 14:48 »
Comment may not necessarily have been aimed squarely at you

"Don't gimme no jibber jabber, fool" to be said in a BA Barracus (SP?) style accept.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #11 on: 21/03/2013 at 14:51 »
Could it just be that Fords have crap glass?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #12 on: 21/03/2013 at 14:53 »
see previous post Mr Bendy!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #13 on: 21/03/2013 at 16:17 »
Iain do you find that after braking hard your face hurts, is swollen and next day you have to buy a new windscreen again? :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #14 on: 21/03/2013 at 17:36 »
Never hear from you for ages then a tirade of abuse!

That's the way it is, is it Mr Ireland?

:z7

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com