Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

So, I guess it is not normal to be casting across the car park at work during your lunch break?

If one more person says something like, "Don't you need water for that" or "You fishing for Eskimos" I will send a #7 fast sink shooting head at their head!  :roll

I do like the #7 Access by the way. Teamed up with a Hardy shooting head and braided shooting line it casts well past the Fiesta, almost to the bosses BMW.  :X2

Tomorrow I break out the 10 weight and Outbound line!

Allan Liddle

At least you've not had the 'You'll no catch anythin there.' or the classic 'Caught anything yet?'
Thigh slapper and side splitters every time.

Euan Innes

I recall an episode of the New Avengers years ago that the bad guy had a henchman (actually a Scottish Ghillie in tweeds and a kilt) that killed people with a double hander with a poisoned traditional salmon fly. The first victim was about 40yds away when the ghillienator did an overhead cast that nicked his cheek and killed him. Bloody impressive!  :z4

So there you go Rob. 10' #8, poisoned pike fly = no more comments.  :z4
I am now trawling Youtube to find the clip...

:z1

Euan Innes

My memory is going.
It was monks and spinning rods!

Still good casting though!  :z4

Ben Dixon

Cast in a park enough and you get used to it.  What amuses me is that most of the comments I get are from folk tethered to some furry turd dispenser whilst walking around the park with a carrier bag full of shit hanging out of their pocket.  A shake of the head and a well practised glare is usually enough to shrink them somewhat  :z4
Best one I've had was comment from a fat bloke in some tight lycra running outfit who appeared simply to be running for "fun" which in my opinion, is far more stupid than casting in a field.  A nod in his direction and reply of "nice tits mate" soon wiped the smug grin off his face  :z4

However, I get far fewer comments up here than I did when casting in Charlotte Square in Edinburgh, that even made it onto local radio once.  :z4

Ben

Jim Eddie

Next time someone asks if you've caught anything yet just reply aye your the 3rd today  :wink

:z18

Jim 

Peter Rawlinson

Reminds me of the time I was in a M6 services carpark with a 16ft boat . We unhitched the boat and my mate went back to get some bits we had forgot .

I had the job of keeping an eye on the boat and tackle we had put in it   .  So as I sat in the boat messing with the rods I got similar comments .  When about the tenth comment of '' Are you waiting for the tide to  come in ? '' was shouted to me I lost my rag and replied '' if any one else says that again I will nut them '' , or words to that effect .

I realised later that I  was losing my sense of humour and felt bad about my rage .   To bypassers it must have looked a bit funny .  I also made sure I did not answer back any big guys .

Iain Goolager

What amuses me is that most of the comments I get are from folk tethered to some furry turd dispenser whilst walking around the park with a carrier bag full of shit hanging out of their pocket.

Kwality  :z4

a fat bloke in some tight lycra running outfit who appeared simply to be running for "fun" which in my opinion, is far more stupid than casting in a field.  A nod in his direction and reply of "nice tits mate" soon wiped the smug grin off his face 

:oops need to find somewhere less public to exercise in the future  :roll

Euan,
        nanoseconds into that clip I was jolted back in time as I vividly remember watching that episode   :X1  Lord above I'm getting old  :z10

...ah, Purdey, every schoolboys dream

Iain

Marc Fauvet

"Catch anything ?" yeah, stupid comments....   :wink

Euan Innes

...ah, Purdey, every schoolboys dream

There should be a drool emoticon Iain.
She was a fine specimen in her younger days, sigh.

Rob Brownfield

If Jock still logs on here, he will confirm the time I pulled the car up just round the corner from Aberdeen College, and ended up fishing down a drain with a 6'9" custom built, very expensive jerk bait rod, an Abu 5500C multiplier loaded with 50lb braid and a large "Flipper" jerkbait, trying to hook a set of keys a student had lost!

I caught a condom!!

Yesterday I was out with the 5 weight and orange SLX doing jump rolls, with several faces pressed up against the window watching. Perhaps I will get some "students" in the summer..lol

Euan Innes

I caught a condom!!

So, catch and release then?  :z4

Iain Goolager

Fillet?

Euan Innes

Fillet?

Pound you don't?

Allan Liddle

If he has a pound he might just?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com