Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Stopping a DH Rod
« on: 23/12/2012 at 17:30 »
!

Hamish Young

Re: Stopping a DH Rod
« Reply #1 on: 24/12/2012 at 11:35 »
OK, this isn't entirely related but for the slightly more 'interesting' take on spey casting watch this

You want to cut to 1:27 and watch from there  :wink

BTW.... look for the typo.....

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #2 on: 24/12/2012 at 13:58 »
"Energy's escapin' out of the bottom of the rod" woW ! :z4 :z4 :z4   :z13

Hamish, that video made my day ! :z16 brought back fond memories of watching him explain the 'Fanny-Puller" over at Ben's a few years ago... 

cheers,
marc

Kev Graham

« Reply #3 on: 24/12/2012 at 22:09 »
OK, this isn't entirely related but for the slightly more 'interesting' take on spey casting watch this

You want to cut to 1:27 and watch from there  :wink

BTW.... look for the typo.....

Jesus, He`s filling every inch of that waders......

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 26/12/2012 at 12:20 »
Jesus, He`s filling every inch of that waders......

It must be tough getting all that ego into waders one size too small. I thought it was only women that said "I'm a size 14 and I will always be a 14..."

Thankfully there are better casting instructors out there that I wouldn't want to punch in the mouth.  :z4

:z1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 31/12/2012 at 20:31 »
I remember one of the old hardys guys reccommending that you tuck your thumb into your belt so as not to let the rod go past the vertical , it was also a point made when I was on the SANA course, and it works for me,I always thought the rod check/stop should be at the vertical position, with the rod close to the torso, by the way who's the guy with sumo suit bottom? no wonder he's alone on the bank,  :X2  easgach 1

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 01/01/2013 at 11:11 »
...... by the way who's the guy with sumo suit bottom?

Have a look at Mike Daunt here http://www.bartandbounder.com/Biographys.html then treat yourself to this http://www.sportfish.co.uk/how-to-spey-cast-dvd-with-mike-daunt.html then sit back with a large stiff drink and try not to wet yourself when watching it.

H :z3

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #7 on: 01/01/2013 at 16:40 »
"He only employed very good looking public school boys to drive his vans."...   :X2 :X2 :X2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com