Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

flooding
« on: 23/12/2012 at 07:33 »
Well guys got woken up by my neighbour at 0500 this morning. Stoney flooded again and even my house has got it this time and we are 300 feet above Stonehaven. we had a river running through the house coming off the farmers field. Been mopping ever since. Our thoughts are with everyone else who is having to deal with this. I never thought that I could have a cast in my living room.

Merry christmas.

Eddie.

Mike Barrio

Re: flooding
« Reply #1 on: 23/12/2012 at 10:00 »
Hi Eddie

Very sorry to hear about the flooding! :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 23/12/2012 at 10:16 »
Hi Eddie,

Aw man, what a nightmare. Been there and it's soul destroying.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 23/12/2012 at 10:44 »
Eddie

What a nightmare, sorry to hear that. Terrible at any time of year but at this time total disaster.

:z18

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 23/12/2012 at 11:17 »
Guys,
the only bright side to all of this today is that it is the first time I have had my weelies on inside without getting a bollocking.

Some people down in the old town of Stonehaven have it a lot worse than we do.

Eddie.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 23/12/2012 at 12:16 »
I'm guessing Ben will be stuck .............................

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 23/12/2012 at 12:30 »
That's a nightmare Eddie  :cry

When did this happen to you goo?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 23/12/2012 at 13:41 »
Relax Trig, it was a long time ago in a different location - your house is safe.
Iain

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 23/12/2012 at 13:45 »
Relax Trig, it was a long time ago in a different location - your house is safe.
Iain

You guys will be fine you's have float tubes after all! :z7

Sorry to hear about your house Eddie.

Merry Christmas
Liam

Noel Kelly

« Reply #9 on: 23/12/2012 at 14:59 »
Well I didn't think it was your current house Iain. If that was flooded I would be swimming with the fishes long ago.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #10 on: 23/12/2012 at 19:49 »
I'm guessing Ben will be stuck .............................

Best wishes
Mike

Very stuck!!

Bad news about the house Eddie, hope you get it sorted out as painlessly as possible.  I've got water seeping up through the concrete floors in my place and the burn that runs through the farm was very nearly running through my house last night.  The Don here got almost as big as it did in 2009, started to drop back but it will probably be a 30 minute plus trip to get into Kintore until Wednesday for me.

Cheers

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #11 on: 23/12/2012 at 21:09 »
Ben,
hopefully it is dropping back now. It has with us. We are in reasonable shape but all the flooring downstairs is gassed. We are still lucky compared to some other folks in Stoney who have had to be evacuated.

Did you get my last PM?

Eddie.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #12 on: 24/12/2012 at 00:08 »
Very stuck!!

Bad news about the house Eddie, hope you get it sorted out as painlessly as possible.  I've got water seeping up through the concrete floors in my place and the burn that runs through the farm was very nearly running through my house last night.  The Don here got almost as big as it did in 2009, started to drop back but it will probably be a 30 minute plus trip to get into Kintore until Wednesday for me.

Cheers

Ben

Holy shit Ben that is insane! Hows longs it been like that for?  :z16

Cheers
Liam

Ben Dixon

« Reply #13 on: 24/12/2012 at 13:29 »
Hi Liam,

Back down to just about within the banks now, I can get down to the village but the river is still flowing over the road in places. Been like that for a few days and again last week too!

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 24/12/2012 at 18:17 »
The boats survived the storm, but there was plenty to keep me busy tidying up today.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com