Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

I am in the middle of sorting out my fishing for next year. This is still in the very stages of planning but i will be doing a Pitlochry weekender at the end of May 2013.

Plan so far is....

Travel straight from work on the Friday night. Kip in the Pitlochry Youth Hostel.

Saturday 18th or 25th May. A days Salmon fishing on the Tummel. This is prime time on the Tummel with a very good chance of a spring fish. I am waiting to hear back from East Haugh about availabilty nut there is also the PAC waters and failing that I can get us on a good Tay beat. I don't tend to pay more than £60 for a days Salmon fishing cos i'm tight but this is good value.

Youth hostel Sat night.

A very good mate of mine and Tay ghillie say "troot fishin is fur Sundays" so that is the plan. I am going to take the tube and i am leaning towards Loch Kinardochy http://www.fishingnet.com/Loch-Kinardochy.htm which can be tubed but there are loads of loch trout fishing options in the area as well as excellent river trout options on the Tummel so that can be sorted nearer the time.

Home Sunday night so no holidays needed from work for the 9-5ers.

I would like to stress I don't really want to take the reigns and organise a meet. I am doing this anyway and thought I would see if any of you lot fancied it? I would provide contact details and its up to the individual to make their own bookings.

Even if some wanted to fish other venues in the area, fill yer boots! We can get a beer in Pitlochry and share pics of spankin fresh springers!!  :z16

Thoughts??

Ps....I have made a similar post on another forum but I like you lot so thought I would post here. Plus alot of you are members on both anyway.

Tight lines
Paul :z12

Mike Barrio

Re: Pitlochry Salmon and trout weekend May 2013...
« Reply #1 on: 12/12/2012 at 20:26 »
Hi Paul :z16

Sounds like great fun ..... thanks for posting :cool:

Sorry, my calendar is looking pretty full in May & June already and I can't join you :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com