Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Re: A photo
« Reply #30 on: 05/12/2012 at 18:29 »
Agree with that Sandy, but then again it depends on the camera, settings etc to truly capture the world around you as it truly is.  A wee bit of photoshop can help tidy up, but agree too much can alter the photo away from what you were trying capture in the first place.
In the end all photos are subject to interpretation, any photo taken, edited or not, is a form of art and each of us will like some more than others.

All good pics btw, really like the 'drama' from this morning's shot, and the Assynt pic simply because i love it there, the rugged beauty is always spectacular.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #31 on: 05/12/2012 at 18:32 »
Every picture tells a story! :z16

Irvine Ross

« Reply #32 on: 05/12/2012 at 19:36 »

God males better sensors than Nikon.  :z7

Iain

Aye but this one is made by Panasonic :wink

Irvine

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 05/12/2012 at 19:40 »
 :z4  :z4  :z4

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #34 on: 05/12/2012 at 19:54 »
Sandy,
it was taken with a Nikon D5000. This was taken 2 years ago with the kit lens that came with the camera. I have a dedicated wide angle lens nowadays for landscapes and I am getting a little better at it now. I still do not use any editing software but I spoke with Matt earlier today and he has given me a link to a guy in Aberdeen to get some tuition from so I will spend some money on tuition and take it from there. I agree with everybody on the fact that we are spoiled up here with the scenery and the light.

Eddie.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #35 on: 05/12/2012 at 20:42 »
Aye but this one is made by Panasonic

Ah! the Lords own choice Irvine.

from the book of ACTS
"for the Lord he did speak in leisurely council with Hedros the king of Panasonia. Aramaic preamble came so gently to the king that bestowed on him was the gift of divine pixelation"

It's true

Iain

Matt Henderson

« Reply #36 on: 08/12/2012 at 18:51 »
Just to add my point of view. There is yet to be a Camera that can capture the same level of contrast as the human eye can. Also the human brain is a clever thing and what you perceive to be a bright blue sky is actually that washed out colour that ends up in your average photo however your brain and endorphins trick you into believing it's a much brighter blue. I like to edit to get it back to how I remember it to be not always how it shows up in a photo. I agree there is a fine line before you tweak it too much. But I firmly believe there is a place for post processing of digital photos.

That Barry O'Flynn had a cracking photo in the Evening Express on Thursday.

Matt

Mike Barrio

« Reply #37 on: 08/12/2012 at 19:21 »

Mike Barrio

« Reply #38 on: 11/12/2012 at 09:11 »
This morning, as the camera saw it :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Irvine Ross

« Reply #39 on: 11/12/2012 at 10:20 »
Did you roll over and point the camera out of the bedroom window?

Irvine :z12

Mike Barrio

« Reply #40 on: 11/12/2012 at 10:29 »
It's a hard life Irvine, but somebody has to do it  :z4  :z4  :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #41 on: 14/12/2012 at 18:42 »
Nice photo Mike, been on a course for a few days and been fortunate to be in the car when the sun has been rising,  amazing possibilities on Tues, Wed & Thursday...........then today arrives and so does the cloud & rain  :mad

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com