Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

I heard last night that the Federation of Highland Angling Clubs is to be wound up for good.
So, you've never heard of it :?
Well, me neither until earlier this year. I tried to find out some more, but information was sorely lacking.
My understanding is that a single inter-club competition, usually on Loch Watten, is about the only thing the Federation has ever done historically.

Not that you can find out much about it on the WWW the Federation is apparently being 'killed off' due to a lack of interest. That's the way it has been put to me, so I might not have the full story.
The balance of the Federations monies (not much) will be used to pay the costs of the AGM recently held in Inverness and presumably any remaining funds will be given to a 'good cause'.

My vote would be the WTT, but I am biased.

Anyone know more about the 'end of days' of the Federation ???

:z3

Euan Innes

Anyone know more about the 'end of days' of the Federation

Wasn't that when Luke blew up the second Death Star and Darth Vader threw the Emperor down the ventilation Shaft?
No t sure really, could be wrong... :z7

:z1

Hamish Young

No, that's a wee bit more Blakes 7 than Star Wars fella  :wink

:z3

Jim Eddie

Blakes 7 mmmmmmm those young ladies were most entertaining, ding dong  :z7

Mike Barrio

Hi Hamish :z16

I think the inter-club competition is pretty much all I can remember about the Federation, I can't remember them doing anything else?

There used to be a similar set up in the North East for stillwaters and this disappeared many moons ago. North of Scotland Stillwater Fisheries Association "NOSSFA" or something like that.

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

Yes Mike, I do remember 'NOSSFA' (I think you're right about the name) from my days up at Mintlaw when I was at Pitfour  :z16
Strikes me that the 'Federation' was yet another good idea that went for a burton :z10

H :z3

Allan Liddle

Highland Federation was at one time even considered as a link to the North Rep of SANA Comps, sadly looks as though the down turn in compeditive angling interest has taken it's toll on this organisation.  Fished the Watten match a couple of times (reasonably successfully) and enjoyed the crac, especially the Apris Fish in the Thurso Legion.

Sign of the times i feel.

NOSSFA ran for about three years? but kind of petered out as they couldn't agree on fishery rules and prices??

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com