Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Under Development ...................... New
« on: 09/11/2012 at 16:26 »
Hi folks :z16

Fly lines currently under development for the 2013 season include light Spey lines for Switch rods, Spey lines for Salmon rods and a DH15 tournament head for casting competitions.

So I have lots of prototype toys to play with at the moment .... Great fun and all coming along nicely :cool:

Sieger Devries

Re: Under Development ......................
« Reply #1 on: 09/11/2012 at 16:55 »
Great Mike...  :z16

Mike Barrio

Re: Under Development ...................... New
« Reply #2 on: 09/11/2012 at 17:22 »
Thanks Sieger :z16

We are playing with new coatings and cores all the time, plus lots of other things ..... all great fun! We should have some really interesting toys for the new year :wink

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 09/11/2012 at 18:30 »
Hmmmmm...... toys........ hmmmmmm  :cool:

:z3

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 09/11/2012 at 18:41 »
Could you please look into a predator line please. The ones available just now are at least £50 and I can see a UK produced predator line doing well thanks to the huge increase in this form of fishing.

Just a thought....Something along the lines of an Outbound maybe (at £70 they are a high cost).

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 09/11/2012 at 22:20 »
Could you please look into a predator line please.

That would be a line that is invisible, targets prey, only fishes when it's hot and is one ugly motherf#@ker!  :z7
So how do you cut these lines when they are on a long coil?
Wait for it.....

GET TO THE CHOPPA!
 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

(Sorry, friday night and wine  :z7)

:z1

Sieger Devries

« Reply #6 on: 09/11/2012 at 23:23 »
Could you please look into a predator line please. The ones available just now are at least £50 and I can see a UK produced predator line doing well thanks to the huge increase in this form of fishing.

Just a thought....Something along the lines of an Outbound maybe (at £70 they are a high cost).

Me likes too.....  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 10/11/2012 at 13:27 »
Hi Rob / Sieger :z16

I will play with some ideas for a predator type profile and see what I can come up with :wink

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 10/11/2012 at 21:41 »
 :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 18/11/2012 at 22:53 »
Having fun testing a prototype #7 light Spey line for Switch rods today :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 20/11/2012 at 13:04 »
New addition to the range - Barrio SLX WF3F - this will be a great line on the river! :X4

The olive headed version should be available on the website in a couple of day's time and the orange head version will follow over the next couple of weeks.

flyfisher666

« Reply #11 on: 20/11/2012 at 16:55 »
What specs are you considering for the DH15 tournament head?
 Or put another way...Will it be for speycomps or overhead casting. Usually there is a weight regulation for OH and, for me atleast, a difference in taper.

//Joakim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 20/11/2012 at 17:12 »
Hi Joakim :z16

The DH15 will be a Spey tournament head like the DH18 ... see http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-competition-fly-lines.html

We may possibly look at an overhead casting design for competitions like the Sea Trout distance in the future. Would this be of interest?

flyfisher666

« Reply #13 on: 20/11/2012 at 18:16 »
Yes! New lines are always interesting  :z5
My ideas for a seatrout distance head would include a long fronttaper(6-7m) to a thin tip, a backtaper about 1.5-2m and a total length of about 17m :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 20/11/2012 at 18:28 »
Yes! New lines are always interesting  :z5
My ideas for a seatrout distance head would include a long fronttaper(6-7m) to a thin tip, a backtaper about 1.5-2m and a total length of about 17m :z7

Interesting thoughts Joakim :z16 ... So the belly on your head would be about 8m? And this head would be for overhead casting.

Have you used something like this before? Why do you think this would be a good profile?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com