Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Tripod
« Reply #15 on: 02/11/2012 at 17:19 »
Great photos Matt :z16

Looks like photography could be a growing subject on here this winter ...... Cool :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 02/11/2012 at 19:58 »
The colours in the sky looked pretty cool today so on the way to Banchory I grabbed a couple of 7 shot stills.

Result! the new HDR prog came today, as I'd hoped but due to Halloween disco's and stuff I've only had an hour or so to load the program & feel my way about.

Forget composition for the moment, here's a couple that I've tinkered with........

Marc,

Thanks for that, ref the level on the tripod. I guess it's one of those things - it would have become obvious the first time I tried video panning or panoramic shots   :z16

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 02/11/2012 at 20:09 »
Great stuff Iain :z16

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #18 on: 02/11/2012 at 20:21 »
Thanks Mike,

I feel another monumental journey of learning approaching but on the positive side the non-fishing season may have the best colours, sunrises and sunsets so that can't be bad.

Iain

Alex Burnett

« Reply #19 on: 02/11/2012 at 21:20 »
Iain

This was 3 photos, under/normal/over exposure.

This was 5 photos 2 Under/normal/2 overexposures

May have gone a little too far with the bottom one. :oops

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 02/11/2012 at 22:01 »
Or not far enough Alex?
The bottom photo is the best IMHO.

Nice  :z16

Iain

Alex Burnett

« Reply #21 on: 02/11/2012 at 22:05 »
Hi Iain

It is kind of on the edge, I did do one with 7 photos but it became fuzzy!!!

Alex

Alex Burnett

« Reply #22 on: 02/11/2012 at 22:16 »
Iain

This was another one I did at the same time.

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #23 on: 03/11/2012 at 09:22 »
Alex,

Ref the fuzziness..... Could it have been down to the program?
If I understand correctly some program's are better at dealing with precise overlay of the photo sets also some boast improve ghosting reduction,  etc.

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that when taking the 7 stills in aperture priority the shutter speed increases (or decreases depending on camera set up), either way you have to keep your finger on the shutter release for quite a while (until all shots are taken) so any induced flickering ( during the longer exposures) could induce camera shake which could eventually hamper the resulting still after overlay.  Possibly.

Another thumbs up for the remote shutter release.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com