Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Folks

The Scottish National Fly Fishing League has a heat on the ADAA beats of the Don this coming Sunday, 5th August 2012. fishing starts around 10am

- Note that Upper & Lower Parkhill will be closed to ADAA members from midnight on Saturday 4th August until 6pm on Sunday 5th August.

- Volunteers may still be needed; contact Kenny on 07525 126799

I've a gig with the ska band the night before (plug!), so will head along on the Sunday to stretch the legs and clear the head and watch the competition guys at work.

cheers
iain

++
August 5 - Scottish National Fly Fishing League comes to ADAA

The Scottish National Fly Fishing League (SNFFL) is running an event on Upper & Lower Parkhill on the ADAA River Don on Sunday 5th August. Most of the competitors are travelling up from the Borders & Central belt to compete in the First Division heat, although there are some local anglers from the North East also taking part. http://www.sana.org.uk/snffl.html

We are short of a couple of controllers for this event and would welcome some help from local anglers to help out for the day, there is nothing to it you just have to measure any fish your allocated angler catch and record them on the score sheet. It's fun and you may even pick-up some useful tips and get some top secret flies at the end of the day.

The day starts at 08.30am with the beat draw at the lower car park at Lower Parkhill 09.00am. Fishing starts at 10.00am, lunch from 1.00pm – 2.00pm and the second session from 2.00pm- 5.00pm. All controllers and anglers then meet up at the Green Tree’s for free soup & sandwiches.

If you fancy being a controller for the day, please call 07525 126799

Please also remember that Upper & Lower Parkhill will be closed to ADAA members from midnight on Saturday 4th August until 6pm on Sunday 5th August.
++

Noel Kelly

Re: Sun4 Aug, SNFFL event, Upper, Lower Parkhill closures
« Reply #1 on: 03/08/2012 at 22:55 »
Nice one Iain :z16 Will try and come down for a walk and a look at some stage.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2012 at 08:56 »
Nice one Iain :z16 Will try and come down for a walk and a look at some stage.

it's interesting to watch. I saw some suicidal wading in a rising, dirty river last year.
The river looks more settled this weekend. Last year it was tipping with rain, and the river was up.
Different anglers tackled it in different ways - close quarter CZ nymphing; downstream wets; klink and dink techniques all on show.

the post below mentions the Lower Parkhill lower car park; could be either the
'Asda/aryburn" car park at http://goo.gl/maps/N1zdF
or the hotel/restaurant car park at http://goo.gl/maps/V1aAo

either way, you'll find them somewhere

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 04/08/2012 at 19:32 »
Cool :z16 I have to be in aberdeen for 8 tomorrow so will head to the river once I'm free, 10 or 11 I imagine.

Noel Kelly

Re: Barrio GT125
« Reply #4 on: 05/08/2012 at 12:52 »
Tough going in the morning session. Heard 1 angler had a grilse but other than that not much has been caught. Hopefully they will have a better afternoon.

** Moved this post to the Don topic as I guess that's where you wanted it Noel - H **

Michael Buchan

« Reply #5 on: 05/08/2012 at 21:49 »
Turned out to be a really tough day one angler landed 4 and two had 2 each and the rest blanked.  Guy i was watching lost a good seatrout about 3lb and had a couple takes.

Michael

Liam Stephen

« Reply #6 on: 05/08/2012 at 21:50 »
Turned out to be a really tough day one angler landed 4 and two had 2 each and the rest blanked.  Guy i was watching lost a good seatrout about 3lb and had a couple takes.

Michael

You shoulda handed out a few of your killer flies Michael  :z7

Liam

Loxiafan

« Reply #7 on: 05/08/2012 at 23:16 »
Turned out to be a really tough day one angler landed 4 and two had 2 each and the rest blanked. 

That makes me feel good ! I had 4 on dry fly 'upstream' of all the nonsense. All about 12 to 14 oz, small I know but hard fighting and a more than good enough size for those guys getting their points. Lost a decent sized one too (on, bit of a head shaking tussle, and off).

Guess 'local knowledge' pays off then ?  :z4

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com