Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Has this ever happened to you
« on: 22/07/2012 at 15:31 »
Hi guys

I have been fishing quite a lot lately and a crack has appeared in the palm of my hand. It goes away but every time I go back out it appears and if I'm fishing 2 days in a row it's a night mare. I'm just wondering has anyone else suffered from this I don't have a history of skin problems. Also I have tried e45 but nouthing gets rid of it  ??? Thanks for any replies all the best j :z16

Barry Robertson

Re: Has this ever happened to you
« Reply #1 on: 22/07/2012 at 15:50 »
Try fishing 9 sessions in a row bambi!
Try manning up a little and taking off those pink panties and you should be fine!  :z4

stickleback

« Reply #2 on: 22/07/2012 at 17:00 »
It sounds like you've developed a hack, probably caused by your hand becoming wetter and for longer than your used to, which in essence takes the natural oils out your skin leaving it dry and prone to cracking.  Are you using any chemicals at work that might be degreasing your hands and adding to the problem ?  After fishing I usually get really dry itchy / scaley skin on one finger - the rest of my hand is just dry skin.  I use Neutrogena unscented fast absorbing hand cream which was allegedly developed for north sea / arctic fisherman and it works a treat for me, which is good because I didn't want to be seen using any womens products  :z4  You have to use it regularly - probably for a few days before and after you go fishing.  Some hacks can take weeks of application before they go.  You can usually get the Neutrogena in the supermarket.  http://www.neutrogenauk.co.uk/produits/hand/norwegian-formula-fast-absorbing-hand

Alternatively you could adopt a "prevention is better than cure" strategy and wear a pair of bright yellow Marigold gloves whilst fishing  :z4 

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 22/07/2012 at 17:02 »
  :z4 :z4
Oh Basil, how you make me chortle.

Sorry Hobby Fishin' never had that, stripping finger chaffin' but not that

No Walter Softie jokes from me.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com