Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The Ythan Estuary?
« on: 09/05/2012 at 21:50 »
Hi "nailchapper" Scott :z16

Now you've got a boat on the Ythan Estuary ....... How are things looking this year?

Best wishes
Mike

nailchapper

Re: The Ythan Estuary?
« Reply #1 on: 10/05/2012 at 18:59 »
Hi Mike
The new sea trout season at the Ythan Estuary is underway, mooring the boat at the weekend. If this years catch rate is anything like last year we're in in for a good season. According to RAFTS figures in this month's edition of T&S the Ythan had the second largest catch rate for sea trout out of 35 rivers in Scotland....2122 fish in total only topped by the Tweed with 2499.
 If anybody fancies a cast for these fantastic fighters you can give me a PM and it can be arranged with a small discount on gillie cost for forum members{saturday only subject to avialability} or if that does'nt suit your requirements you can contact fishery manager below for other avialability or visit the website for further information.

www.ythanfishery.co.nr                                                         

Fishery Manager; Audrey Forbes-Clarke 01358 789297

Tight Lines!!

Scott

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 10/05/2012 at 20:34 »
More details forwarded by Scott .............

nailchapper

« Reply #3 on: 10/05/2012 at 21:01 »
Mike,
Nice one...thanks for uploading photos will get the hang of it myself!!  :z16
Any thoughts on the 26th?
scott

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 11/05/2012 at 23:41 »
Hi Scott

PM sent regarding the 26th.

Best wishes
Mike

Andy Wren

« Reply #5 on: 12/05/2012 at 16:12 »
There goes another place on my must fish before I get too old !

kinloch

« Reply #6 on: 13/05/2012 at 14:51 »
The Ythan Estuary had a bad name for rippers with heavy lines and huge hooks in the past. Is it still bad for that kind of poacher?

nailchapper

« Reply #7 on: 13/05/2012 at 17:49 »
No mate...there's a half dozen river watchers now so the estuary is well looked after...eyes and ears everywhere!!!

ugie fisher

« Reply #8 on: 13/05/2012 at 18:58 »
I have heard reports of up to 12 fish caught since 30th april, so good start. Your boats looking good Scott. Just now sure how sitting on those seats will work when motoring. Me and my dad tried last year and failed misserably.

nailchapper

« Reply #9 on: 13/05/2012 at 19:59 »
Mat

I've heard the same on fish caught so far but won't have correct figures till all returns in at end of month...but yes good start :z16...pleased with boat put it out on water today had a wee run up and down the river :z4...don't know about your seats but i've bolted mine on to the timber with rotating plates..very comfy!! 

ugie fisher

« Reply #10 on: 13/05/2012 at 22:06 »
So what mooring is your boat on?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com