Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Something else to while away the evenings
« on: 16/02/2012 at 14:32 »

Iain

Matt Henderson

Re: Something else to while away the evenings
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2012 at 19:46 »
Nice video Iain.  What happened to what you hooked up with at the tail end of the video?  Oh and is it not customary to step down stream between casts?  :wink

Iain Goolager

Re: Something else to while away the evenings
« Reply #2 on: 16/02/2012 at 20:56 »
Mattheus,

The rock is still there and fine. Yes it is customary to do so and perhaps if you took your head out of your mountaineering magazines you might observe that it has occurred between edits  :z7

Just wanted to post the vid as a frivolity and not as part of a report but although the beat is excellent the day on which we were there was very cold and the pools hampered by the volume of ice.
The section in the video looks reasonably grue free but trust me there were times during the day that it made the water all but unfishable in places.
I also recall being hit three times by smallish but thick sections of ice, the last of which decided to turn vertically behind my legs and gave me a fair push.

Iain

Also soaked my camera, again! but very very fortunately a week in the airing cupboard seems to have sorted things out.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com