Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

danbruce

Re: River Don 2012
« Reply #30 on: 01/03/2012 at 16:40 »
Well another short outing today at lower Fintray and upper parkhill.
Lovely day for fishing again, just a shame i had to cut it short to go to work, was considering pulling a sickie.
There were a number of fish seen (probably about 8, but they may have been the same fish a few times) and most were quite a good size, none willing to play the game and allow me to catch them though. :z7

Dan

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #31 on: 01/03/2012 at 16:59 »
I had my first trip out today, With the Don at summer levels but rather cold water it made for very pretty if not ideal conditions.

So with a pocket full of good advice, a fly i tied last night, my new rod, line and net I proceeded to christen all my new gear with a rather bonny well mended kelt out of the Kemnay beat :z16

I have forgotten just how hard these fish can pull, great fun, now bring on the springers.

Its great to be Home :z18

Sandy

Iain Cameron

« Reply #32 on: 01/03/2012 at 17:14 »
is there a cut off by when you must join each year?  I'm on the brink this year. 

there's a cut-off of this weekend for existing member to re-new their fees.
there *was* a cut-off last year for new members, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.  I couldn't see anything definite on the adaa pages, sorry. You could email sales@adaa.org and ask?

noel.... you'll be saying the same thing in 5 years and kicking yerself!

danbruce

« Reply #33 on: 01/03/2012 at 17:21 »
Well done sandy, here is to many more this season. :z18

Dan

Noel Kelly

« Reply #34 on: 01/03/2012 at 18:28 »
Well done sandy you haven't lost it.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #35 on: 01/03/2012 at 18:46 »
 :X6, get yersel in the ADAA.

Dan, keep at it and the pictures coming - surprised there wasn't anyone else at that pool.

Sandy,
There doesn't even seem to be a lot of kelts so far so at least the rod got bent.  :z16
One thing, Noel has a pair of slippers identical to your wading boots, do you guys play poker at work per chance?

Here's hoping for rain and an afternoon on the river tomorrow 'cos it looks like Saturday is out.

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #36 on: 01/03/2012 at 18:55 »
Bloody hell what's this the adaa recruitment forum?

How do you know what my slippers look like. I do have a pair that live permanently under my bed... I'm really starting to worry now :shock

Ben Dixon

« Reply #37 on: 01/03/2012 at 18:59 »
Anyone know a beat that sells day tickets for sunday trout fishing? ADAA do but only to visiting anglers outwith 25mile radius of Aberdeen ???

This is the case for salmon but not for trout Noel.  Due to the PO, trout tickets are available and I fairly sure that they can be booked online but not all of their beats are open on Sundays. Fetternear also allows Sunday trout fishing on a C&R only basis, if you get stuck, drop me a PM.

Cheers

Ben

Noel Kelly

« Reply #38 on: 01/03/2012 at 19:03 »
Hallelujah finally an answer to my actual question. Cheers Ben :z16 Do you not think I should join the adaa?  :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #39 on: 01/03/2012 at 19:10 »
Hallelujah finally an answer to my actual question. Cheers Ben :z16 Do you not think I should join the adaa?  :z4

Yes Noel,

You probably should join.  Considering the amount of fishing you do, where you live, and where you work then it would make sense really.  On the Don alone with the council roving and ADAA tickets you can fish almost all the way from Kemnay to the estuary and ADAA have a fair bit of other decent water close by.

Cheers

Ben

Ben Dixon

« Reply #40 on: 01/03/2012 at 19:13 »
I had my first trip out today, With the Don at summer levels but rather cold water it made for very pretty if not ideal conditions.

So with a pocket full of good advice, a fly i tied last night, my new rod, line and net I proceeded to christen all my new gear with a rather bonny well mended kelt out of the Kemnay beat :z16

I have forgotten just how hard these fish can pull, great fun, now bring on the springers.

Its great to be Home :z18

Sandy

Pleased to see you got some action Sandy, next time you're in Banchory I'll sort you out with a new fishing hat dude  :z4

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #41 on: 01/03/2012 at 19:24 »
I didn't want to comment on the cap after slandering the slingbacks but Ben didn't you used to sport a similar titfer?
My, oh my! after the years of chav abuse I've taken this season is really shaping up  :X2

Iain

Noel, my mum just phoned and recommends that you join the ADAA

Ben Dixon

« Reply #42 on: 01/03/2012 at 19:32 »
Still have my hat, nowhere near as grandad as Mr Nelsons  :z4

Noel, my gran just emailed to recommend you join ADAA and my Nigerian banker friend also thinks it is a good plan, wire him the money and he promises to get you a discount.

Ben

Noel Kelly

« Reply #43 on: 01/03/2012 at 20:06 »
I didn't want to comment on the cap after slandering the slingbacks but Ben didn't you used to sport a similar titfer?
My, oh my! after the years of chav abuse I've taken this season is really shaping up  :X2

Iain

Noel, my mum just phoned and recommends that you join the ADAA

Your mum.....ok now you knowing my slippers makes sense. Tell her hi and to please stop ringing me.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #44 on: 01/03/2012 at 20:40 »
You guys are summin else!!  :z7 :z7

Liam

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com