Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

danbruce

Re: River Don 2012
« Reply #15 on: 27/02/2012 at 21:26 »
Hi Sandy,

I was at the other end of the table, probably looking like death warmed up as i have been laid up with the cold all last week. Think i was a couple of seats from Rob, would have chatted after but most people i have been round have come down with the cold too so don't think anyone would have thanked me for that. :X1

Would have been good to meet a few of the guys from here though, sure we will probably see each other this season on the don or at Haddo once it opens again.

Cheers,

Dan

danbruce

« Reply #16 on: 28/02/2012 at 16:34 »
Well i managed out for a couple of hours today before work, was a lovely day to be on the river, hardly any wind and i have to say i don't think i have seen it this warm in Feberuary.
Didn't land or see any fish, but was good to get out and wet a line and also to put into practice what i have been shown.

I was fishing on the Cruvies beat on the Don, was hoping to fish trough Snuffies Pool on this beat as i am lead to believe that this pool is know to hold quite a few fish at certain times. Unfortunately there was 4 anglers continually fishing through it and as i like my fishing a little quieter i decided to go down river to the next two pool Benzies and Scraper.

Snuffies Pool

Benzies up to Snuffies

Will also be out tomorrow, probably head further down the river or head up river to upper Parkhill.

Dan

Ben Dixon

« Reply #17 on: 28/02/2012 at 19:04 »
Nice report Dan. Keep the pics coming.

en

Fisher

« Reply #18 on: 28/02/2012 at 19:42 »
Dan

Your pictures show the North bank at Snuffies. Hope you were not fishing there as we can only fish the South bank at Snuffies & Benzies. You have to go down to Downiehill before we enjoy double bank fishing. Suggest you check your maps if in doubt.

danbruce

« Reply #19 on: 28/02/2012 at 19:59 »
Don't worry fisher had packed up by then and was walking that bank while having my lunch to see if I could spot anything.

Dan

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 28/02/2012 at 22:39 »
Really wished I was out today even if only to wander the bank.

Good luck tomorrow Driver Dan  :z16 keep the photo's coming

Iain

danbruce

« Reply #21 on: 28/02/2012 at 23:11 »
Cheers Iain,

You never know my next lot of photos might even have fish in them....i doubt it though.

Dan

Loxiafan

« Reply #22 on: 28/02/2012 at 23:16 »
Unfortunately there was 4 anglers continually fishing through it......

:z4 Heard that about this particular pool.

Remember, your permit cost the same as theirs - just queue until the lowest angler fishes the pool out and get in. Remember to cast then take a pace and keep doing this - maybe remind those in front to do this as well  :wink

Can be a few 'pool hogs' at Parkhill too unfortunately, though most of the ADAA guys have the etiquette and know the rules !

Peter McCallum

« Reply #23 on: 01/03/2012 at 01:40 »
When does the season open for Brownies on the Don?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 01/03/2012 at 01:51 »
Hi Peter :z16

The brown trout season runs from the 1st of April to the 30th of September on the Don.

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #25 on: 01/03/2012 at 06:58 »
Anyone know a beat that sells day tickets for sunday trout fishing? ADAA do but only to visiting anglers outwith 25mile radius of Aberdeen ???

Phil

« Reply #26 on: 01/03/2012 at 09:58 »
Hi An Chuieog,

as far as I know only the River Urie, I haven't seen any Sunday fishing on the Don...

Cheers,
Phil

Iain Cameron

« Reply #27 on: 01/03/2012 at 13:08 »
Anyone know a beat that sells day tickets for sunday trout fishing? ADAA do but only to visiting anglers outwith 25mile radius of Aberdeen ???

you've still got time to join ADAA for the season... a whole season's worth of sunday trouting

Matt Henderson

« Reply #28 on: 01/03/2012 at 15:19 »
you've still got time to join ADAA for the season... a whole season's worth of sunday trouting

is there a cut off by when you must join each year?  I'm on the brink this year. 

Noel Kelly

« Reply #29 on: 01/03/2012 at 16:21 »
Not for me Iain, dont plan on being here next year so the one off joining fee puts me off. I have been saying that for a few years now I know but the plan is still to move when the right opportunity comes around.
Also its only because the first of April is a Sunday that I'm interested. Sunday is normally play with the missus day.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com